Need second opinion. Which type of surgeon do I need for lipoma removal? I have 6 in my upper thigh and buttock area

I feel that the lipomas some seated in my muscle and he disagreed saying I have fat on this area. He noted he is using full sedation to remove all 6 because they are "too deep" to remove locally. he has experience in removal of lipomas. I would like a second opinion before I choose this doctor who doesn't agree with my level of muscle pain in the left buttock. It us a constant Charlie horse. I do not want to risk my sciatic nerve being permanently affected.

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in lipoma removal using a Hidef surgical technique that minimizes scarring and lipoma regrowth. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your symptoms.  I would recommend seeing someone fully trained in surgical techniques, such as a general surgeon or plastic surgeon.  Lipomas are benign in nearly all cases but there are intramuscular lipomas which can be difficult to remove and can cause patient's pain.  That said the larger nerves of your low back and present much deeper to the body than where lipomas would exist so the risk of injury is very small.  Hope this helps.