Which are my options with my chest? (re-operation mastectomy) (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Revision of FTM top surgery
- Your surgery was not done properly ie. too much skin and some breast tissue remains.
- To improve your results, the remaining skin and tissue should be removed.
- The revision surgery will leave additional scars, but the scars will not be any worse than you would have had if the proper procedure was done initially.
- Talk with your surgeon about your concerns.
- Let us know if this is helpful.
It is possible that the proper removal of your mammary gland had been done. What was wrong is the periareolar operative technique as this is used when the amount of skin to be resected is moderate. There are precise techniques to avoid what happened to you. In effect you have to do a mastectomy review to correct what happened.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.