Coolsculpting aborted prematurely (after 1,5 hrs, 30 min early). Does that have an impact on the result?

I had a coolsculpting treatment on the outer thighs (saddlebags) today which was meant to last for 2 hours. After 1.30 the machine switched off and I had the cool head strapped on for another 17 minutes until it was noticed and removed. The treatment was not picked up/completed, the area was massaged right after the head came off. The physician assured me this would not have any impact on the result and i would not see any difference to the other thigh treated. Is this correct?

Coolsculpting treatment aborted prematurely

While each practice has different financial guidelines, we would repeat the procedure at no charge to ensure a quality treatment. 

Outer Thigh Cool Smooth

Dear up in the air 12, Sounds like you may have had  the older version of the cool smooth applicator that was 2 hours each time you hooked it up. The newer generation of Cool Smooth is called the PRO version and is 75 minutes long. I would wait and see but honestly if that happened to you at my practice we would re-do it for free. Something does not sound right. If you had the Cool Smooth PRO perhaps the 1 hour and 15 min cycles was done and you were taken off late (the beeper tells the nurse when you're done though). You would need clarification from your practice. They should make it clear which one they used. Good Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

I suggest seeing an expert, the time seems right, but you may want to speak to your office. If the full treatment wasn't completed the results will not be as good, by 3 months you will know.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting times

Some hand pieces have different times associated with it, also every office has different standard operating procedures for their treatments. Some treatment cycles are 45 min, while others are 60min, this will depend on the particular hand piece that was used. Also there is a period of time that if the cycle is not completed you can still have the desired outcome you are looking for. For most cycles that would mean at least getting in 50 min out of a 60 min cycle and 40 min out of a 45 min cycle. Finally, massaging immediately after the completion of a cycle appears to be the key for optimal results. That being said, I would talk with my treatment provider for clarification of my treatment, and waiting the 3 month to see the results.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting the outer thigh

The applicator for the outer thigh is 1.5 hours not 2 hours. The office might have told you to plan for two hours to have enough time for before photos and marking.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting the full 3 months and then speaking with your provider if you have any concerns about your results. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting Treatment Time and Results

The massage needs to be performed immediately after the treatment is finished, so that may impact the results, since the massage tends to drastically improve the results of the treatment.  You may still see results, but might need to complete another treatment after you see your full results (about 3 months post treatment), depending on what your goals are.  Since you did complete an hour and a half, you probably will see some results.  Best of luck!  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD