What is wrong with my left glute? Would I be a candidate for lipo around the glutes for countouring? (Photos)
New Portland, ME
1 year ago
I am hoping to find a answer to what is going on with my left Glute. I notice when I stand and bend over, I have a indention of some sort. I feel like it gets more noticeable every day, it's also sort of numb feeling there, but can also feel like a deep pain. I work out 6 days a week. I lift legs 2x week. Squating, lunges, dead lifts. Everything. You name it I do it. I am desperately trying to grow and shape my glutes. I have noticed this deformity for about 4 years, slowly getting worse.
Doctor Answers 3
Hi. It is preferable to rule it out with a CT / MRI. If it is still a fatty mass, it can be corrected with Liposuction.
Thank you for asking about your left buttock (gluteus muscle location).
- First, you need a diagnosis of what is causing the pain and indentation.
- It may be an injury, mal - development or irritation of the sciatic nerve -
- An ultrasound study or a CT scan may be needed.
- Once the diagnosis is known, then treatment can be planned.
- For appearance, a fat transfer is likely to be the answer but first find out the cause of the problem.
- A visit to your regular doctor may be the place to start - for diagnostic studies.
- Then see a plastic surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
The photos show indentation of the left buttock.this could be due tissue loss or it never fully developed. It is difficult to give the right answe without an exam but I believe fat injection may help but will require more than one treatment. Sometime the skin is very tight and will not expand to desired appearance with fat injection.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.