What kind of procedure do you think I need? How much will it cost me? (Photos)

I'm just turned 25 years old. I first began to lose hair at age 20. I did not notice it at all until my family/friends started telling me I losing my hair. As of right now, I've lost most of my hair. I used to be able to hit it but Now I cant hide anymore. I'm of East African origin and I got curly hair similar to biracial people. I will attach photos so you would able to see my bold area in my hair.

What kind of procedure do you think I need?

Greetings Thank you for your question, Organic Hair Transplantation” is a hair transplantation procedure developed in the Estetik International Laboratories. The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor to understand what is possible.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant as a option for hair restoration

You have classic genetic male pattern hair loss. At this young age you show an advanced progression. Even though, your hair in the donor area looks good and you are a good candidate for hair transplant, it is best to have s plan that reduces future hair loss of your own native hair. The number of grafts and the cost depends on the doctor you chose to do the procedure. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Class 5A balding pattern in 25 year old male

For a balding pattern, the Class 5A pattern means that you might not bald all of the way down in the back and sides of your head. Depending on the quality of your hair (fine, medium, coarse) the graft ranges from 2000-3500 grafts to fill in this area. Charges are usually by the graft. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Choosing the right hair restoration

Thanks for your post.

There is a list of options for someone losing their hair.  The first goal is to STOP further loss. This is often done with topical and oral meds as well as injections of PRP into the scalp.  To replace lost follicles, a hair transplant takes hair from the back of the head and populates the front of the head. This is done with single follicles, no longer with hair plugs.

A hair transplant is the single best option for someone with your hair loss. You may need more than one session. The prices vary by surgeon, geography, amount of hair moved, and technique. I would consider FUT (strip) if you are price conscious as it is often less expensive and it allows for thousands of hairs to be moved at once.  If you are price insensitive, consider FUE (single hair transfer with a microdrill) as the procedure has no stitches or scars.  You can read more on my website about these options.

Best of luck.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD