Do I have weak chin ? (photos)

Do i have weak chin ? Though i am overweight ..does it effect? Any suggestion for non surgical solution?

I like your chin

I don't think you have a weak chin, but it is hard to tell without the side views.  You appear to have a nice chin, attractive lips, and a smooth jawline. 

Voluma is an awesome product to "try something out" without a long term commitment.  Voluma is a 2-year hyaluronic acid filler, and I have used it to widen a chin and also to lengthen a chin, even though these are currently "off-label" uses in the USA.  I've even modified chins, for example filling in an unwanted cleft (even though I really like clefted chins.)   After an injection, you can see an immediate change without surgery, and without risks of surgery.  It can even be undone just as easily with some hyaluronidase.

Surgery is not easy to reverse.  Voluma is easy to re-do or adapt. Good luck and best regards, Marla Klein MD

Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

​ Kybella to help define your chin/jawline

Thank you for your question. From looking at your photos, I think your chin is pretty well shaped. If you want to make it a little more defined then Kybella would be a great treatment for you. It is a great minimally invasive option for you to help define your jawline (submental area). Kybella is an injectable product that can be used to help your body to rid itself of fat cells that form under the chin. 

Benefits of Kybella include: 
-FDA-approved for use on fat underneath the chin. Allows more control then coolsculpting over the treatment area  
-Minimally invasive -No downtime -Reduced fat underneath the chin 
-Better appearance 
-Youthful look 
-No surgery 
-No general anesthesia 
-Very rare and minimal side effects (typically bruising, pain, and redness at the injection points)

If you are interested, I recommend consulting with a qualified physician for a full consultation. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Chin and Kybella

You appear in your photo to have a great chin and have no need for Kybella or any other cosmetic injections. Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question. From your pictures that you sent you do not appear to be over weight. Unfortunately there is no true side view. You appear to have good chin projection. One way to determine chin projection is to lay a ruler from the tip of your nose to your chin. Normally there should be approximately 1/4 of an inch space between the ruler and the lower lip.

If you have less than 1/4 of an inch of space you have a weak chin. If you have more than 1/4 of an inch you have a large chin. 

A non surgical option to enhance chin projection includes the use of fillers. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Do I have a weak chin?

It is difficult to say from these photos as you do not have a true lateral or a profile view to see the proper relationship of the nose and lips to the chin. However, based on the angled views, I would say probably not. Of course, it is best to be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon. It is important to keep in mind that the relationship between the nose and the chin can be affected by one or the other. In other words, a relatively weak chin may, in fact, be due to a relatively strong nose or vice versa. I wish you the best.

Weak chin?

Thanks for the question and photos.  To really determine the position of the chin I would need to see profile views of your face.  At first glance it does not appear that you have an obviously "weak" chin.  It also appears that you have a nice smooth jaw line.  Non surgical solutions for a weak chin can include fillers in the chin to add volume or projection, as well as treatments to better define the jaw line (like Kybella, coolsculpting).  If you have concerns I would recommend a formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine your facial proportions and make recommendations.  Best of luck!

Do I have weak chin ?

Based on the photos, you chin is perfectly normal and is certainly not weak.  I do not think you need to do anything with it at all. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Beautiful chin

You appear to have a beautiful chin. There are many options to enhance the appearance of your chin using fillers or kybella.  Stay skintastic. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Weak Chin?

Thank you very much for your question.

Although it isn't easy to say for sure based on the views provided, it doesn't appear as though you have a "weak chin".  I recommend visiting with a plastic surgeon who will assess you in person, and may try fillers to augment your chin to see how you like the look.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Chin does not look weak

Based on the available photos, you chin does not look weak.  If you would like some chin augmentation, it is better to proceed with a Hyaluronic acid filler.  Hyaluronic fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and others can be reversed if you are not pleased with the result.