Capsular Contracture? (Photo)

Only 2 1/2 weeks post op, 375cc HP Silicone Submuscular implants. Am I showing the early signs of capsular contracture? How long will it take for them to drop? I've been massaging daily, and feel ok. Thanks!

Capsular contracture

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to have a very nice early result. At two weeks out, you are doing all the right things. RIght now, your body is learning to accommodate to the presence of the implant which appears to be under the muscle. It can take up to several months for the implant to settle into position and the skin to stretch sufficiently to accommodate the implant.  If you have questions or concerns, share them with your surgeon. Best Wishes,Michael Morrissey,MD

Implants early post-op

At 2.5 weeks out, your implants look like they are in the correct position.  They likely will soften with time and not feel so tight. If concerned, see your surgeon.

You are very early in your healing phase and need to give yourself time for the swelling to subside, the tissues relax, and the implants settle. Please follow your post operative instructions and keep all your follow up visits. Your surgeon can watch to see if signs of capsular contraction occur. At this stage, it is too early to know.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon