After having lower blepharoplasty one eye is smaller than the other. I will like to know if it can be fixed? (Photos)

Can surgery make my eyes bigger?

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. When did you receive the blepharoplasty procedure? Based on the upper eyelid drooping you seem to be experiencing from these pictures, I suggest that you move forward and consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon. An in-person examination is the most effective way to address your concerns and learn about the next steps for remedies.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Why do my eyelids look uneven after lower eyelid blepharoplasty?

It is hard to see from your photos, but you may have a small element of upper eyelid drooping called, ptosis. See your surgeon or an eyelid specialist to discuss.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis surgery to make eyes larger

You may benefit from eyelid ptosis surgery but first need evaluation by an oculoplastic specialist. See following link too.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid issue

Based upon you photos, you may have ptosis. You are best to be evaluated in person to see whether or not you have it and how best to treat it. Good luck.

You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis that is worse on the left side.

You also have a compensatory eyebrow elevation.  This would benefit from correction.  However, you need to find a surgeon that specializes in aesthetic ptosis surgery and that is unfortunately more challenging than it should be.

The under eye area is hollow after your lower blepharoplasty.  I suspect that you would benefit from under eye fillers.

Asymmetry after blepharoplasty

I suspect that one eyebrow is higher and causing more eyelid to show on that side. Botox may be a good solution to relax the elevated eyebrow. Speak to your surgeon to see if this may be useful for you. Eyebrows tend to settle after time anyway, even without Botox.   Best regards,    Prashant Soni M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry after blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question.  Eyelid asymmetry can make the size of the eyes appear different from one another.  Other factors may include bony and soft-tissue asymmetry between the two sides.  Thank you for providing some pictures.  However, based on the pictures provided, it is difficult to determine the exact nature of your problem, and therefore the best treatment option(s). Removing bulging fat from the lower eyelids (lower eyelid blepharoplasty), may uncover any bony asymmetry between the two sides, and rarely, lower eyelid retraction.  An in -person consultation is required to best answer your question.  I would recommend asking your surgeon about your questions, or seeking a second opinion with another specialist moving forward.  Good luck!

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon