Can I get the tip of my nose and out without going under anesthesia? (photos)

Can I get the tip of my nose thinned out without going under general anaesthesia? Possibly a local? Thank you.

Feasible under local + sedation

Tip only rhinoplasties, even when tip grafts are applied (likely in your so called "poorly defined tip) and with open approach as well as in closed one can be done under local and sedation. Nevertheless, if done under total anesthesia it does not pose any difference for you.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Hello rapunzelhs

That would really depend on the amount of work you need and on the surgeon you choose for your procedure. normally it is done with general anesthesia. I recommend you choose the surgeon really carefully before undergoing this procedure with local anesthesia.
Good luck 
Dr. Michael J. Rodriguez

Tip Rhnoplasty Under Local Anesthesia

In some patients depending on the amount of tip work that will be necessary the procedure can be done using just local anesthesia. Carefully select a surgeon so you achieve a natural balanced rhinoplasty result.

Rhinoplasty under general anesthesia

In our practice, we perform all rhinoplasty procedures under general anesthesia by a board-certified physician anesthesiologist for patient safety and comfort. There are way too many nerve endings in the tip of the nose to undergo a tip plasty or a rhinoplasty and be comfortable.

Local versus general for surgery

Rhinoplasty should be done safely and whether or not the procedure needs to be done under local or general anesthetic depends on a number of factors including your health, comfort and the surgeon's preferences. Best of luck, MMT

Tip rhinoplasty under local anesthesia

Select rhinoplasties can be performed under local anesthesia. Tip reshaping is one of them. Your surgeon will likely give you the option of an oral sedative, and that would probably be a good idea. 

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip thinning

To answer your question, a tip plasty can be done with local anesthesia and IV sedation.
Be aware that you have a deviated septum and the tip of your nose curves to your left.
You should discuss this with your surgeon.
Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Tip surgery

You can probably do it with local anesthesia and sedation.  Local alone would not be practical due to sensitivity of the area involved.  

MAC anesthesia for rhinoplasty

Yes, rhinoplasty can be performed under anesthesia called "MAC," which is without a breathing tube. The nose is extremely sensitive, however, and relying heavily on local anesthesia injections that distort the nasal appearance makes the job more difficult for a precise surgery. Rhinoplasty is complicated enough as it is so I recommend general anesthesia for all of my cases.

Tip of nose without anesthesia ?

Thank you for your question

I would recommend some type of anesthesia. One type of anesthesia is called IV sedation. The anesthesiologist gives you (liquid )anesthesia. This is anesthesia given thru the IV .

I prefer general anesthesia for most of my noses . This type of anesthesia involves the pt. breathing anesthesia gases thru a tube that is inserted down the wind pipe.
I hope you find this information helpful .