Will working out ruin a Brazilian Butt Lift?

After getting a Brazilian Butt Lift , will working and losing weight make you lose your butt or will it only affect other parts of your body?

Effect of Exercise on Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you very much for your question. As with fat cells elsewhere on your body, losing weight after a Brazilian Butt lift will cause this tissue to shrink. The cells that are transferred to your buttocks are living tissue, and therefore subject to the effects of weight gain or loss. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. He/she will provide the information necessary to maintain your results, while continuing with a healthy exercise routine.

Hello _a.hxo - Thanks for your question.  Yes, working out will burn off some of the fat from a BBL. I usually recommend that patients change to heavy weight, low rep exercises for the lower half of the body to limit some of this.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL and workouts

If you lose weight after a brazilian butt lift, the fat cells transferred will also shrink. Best of luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon