When you remove a lipomas does it come back?

I believe I have a lipomas on my face and under my arm pit. I was thinking of getting them removed (if in fact it is a lipomas). But then I was wondering if when they are removed is it likely that they would just appear again. Also I went to the dr. for my underarm "lump" (I didn't have it on my face at the time) and all they gave me were antibiotics b/c they weren't really sure what it was. And the antibiotics didn't work. So does it indeed sound like a lipomas?

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in lipoma removal. I would suggest surgical removal with our Hidef Lipoma removal technique that reduces recurrence rates. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Lipoma return

when lipomas are properly removed, they will not return. however, some individuals are prone to formation of multiple lipomas and could grow another one in a similar location. you could have had a cyst as lipomas arent typically found in the underarm but a thorough examination can determine this.

When you remove a lipoma does it come back?

THank you for your question.  Without a photograph it is difficult to offer definite recommendations but based on your narrative alone these masses do not sound as if they are lipomas.  Lipomas are easily diagnosed on physical exam based on their appearance and texture when touched.  Antibiotics would not clear or remove them, only surgical excision can do that.  Once removed lipomas will not come back in that area.  Hope that helps.