How long will I need to wait to return to the gym after an FUE hair transplant? I'm one month post-op.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   In general you can resume exercise after a few weeks.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Gym after a hair surgery

2 weeks after your hair surgery your transplanted hair follicles are safe and you may start sport activities.On the other hand I advice my patients to avoid extreme sports and contact sports 4 weeks minimum.

All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

In my opinion you can return to full physical activities between 1.5 to 2 weeks of time. Since there are no sutures with FUE, you should no have any repercussions. Take care.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

1 months after FUE

You can now return to the gym and do whatever you want in terms of exercises, weights, and all of the machines in the gym

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Return to the gym after an FUE

2 weeks after the FUE operation you may start to gym, heavy execersizes and swimming with keeping transplant area carefully.jogging , running etc don't give any harm after 2 weeks of operation .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

When can you return to the gym after FUE

In reality, you can return to the gym the next day following FUE.  Many patients of mine have done this over the years without a problem.  However, most patients prefer to wait 7 to 10 days.  There is no reason you cannot return to the gym sooner.  With FUT you need to wait because the strip wound has to heal.  Some think that FUT linear scars widen when you return to the gym too soon.  I don't know of any study confirming that gym activity increases the width of the linear scar from FUT.  

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon