Does and post breastfeeding volume return?

Recently stopped breastfeeding and have deflated A cups. Does any volume or elasticity ever return or do you always stay the same or continue to loose elasticity and volume?

Deflated breasts

The breasts do become engorged and larger in size with the hormone changes of pregnancy and breast feeding. Once that process has completed, as the breast gland returns to a normal size, the skin envelope remains stretched giving the breasts a deflated appearance. That deflated look may not improve with time, and in fact as a woman ages, it can worsen. Breast lift and augmentation procedures can help correct the deformity. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination and more info. Good luck! 

Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Loss of volume

Patients often lose breast tissue over the course of 6 months from breast feeding.  However, with this said, everyone is difference.  I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breasts after pregnancy

Many factors go into how the breasts will respond post pregnancy. It is hard to predict but age and weight fluctuations are certainly big factors.

Breast Appearance After Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

Pregnancy alone is enough to change the skin elasticity to a certain degree, whether you choose to breastfeed or not.  Several studies have already proven this fact. 

Some women require breast lift, while some are lucky enough to maintain good skin elasticity after pregnancy.  Take note that aside from pregnancy, other factors that can change the appearance or projection of your breasts include diet, sun exposure, weight fluctuations, smoking, and other unhealthy lifestyle choices. 

For additional info, please feel free to visit the link below. 

I hope that helps and good luck. 

Breastfeeding changes to breast

Once you have stopped breastfeeding and you have allowed about 3 months for the breasts to dry up and skin to rebound, you have what you have. It is very common to lose volume and have looser skin. Many of my breast augmentation patients are after kids and now want to refill the deflated breasts. Good luck.

Post breast feeding return?

The short answer is no...the longer answer is that it depends to some extent on the patients genetics.  For the most part breast feeding diminishes the volume of parynchymal breast tissue and this process is permanent. And this includes the loss of skin elasticity.  Even if you become pregnant again, you will re-engorge but it will be less than your first pregnancy in term of volume.  I think this is why they made plastic surgeons ;).  Hope this helps. Good luck with your new born.
Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon