On July 26th of 2016 I got a breast augmentation. I don't know if I got bottoming out or is it something else? (photo)

I got 450 CC you on both breasts and I think one looks bigger than the other I need help I have no idea what to do

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

Thanks for your question. Looking at your photos it appears that the left breast is either more swollen than the right, or that there may be some early bottoming out occurring. My suggestion would be to book a follow-up appointment with the operating surgeon so that they can examine you and provide some suggestions about your care moving forward. It is quite possible that the asymmetry between the two breasts is entirely due to normal swelling after surgery that will resolve over the next few months, but it is important that you see your surgeon to make sure that nothing else is going on. Good luck and all the best.

Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

BA outcome

Hello!You are about a month postop. Your breasts do look asymmetrical. It looks like the distance between the nipple and breast fold is longer on the left than the right. I would suggest you meet with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. You may have had some preoperative asymmetry you are now seeing, so it may be worthwhile to review photos from prior to surgery. And you still have time to settle only a month out. You should allow several more months to allow the chest to settle out.Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Bottoming out

Yes, it appears that you have the beginnings of bottoming out on the one side.  You should talk tear surgeon right away, as there is a small chance that certain maneuvers, such as wearing a tight underwire bra, can help reinforce that side and help prevent further bottoming.  However, you may be too far out for that.  Go see your plastic surgeon and get examined.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts after BA

Thank you for your question and photographs.Without seeing preoperative photographs it is hard to give you the most accurate answer or recommendations but in my opinion it could be one of two things: you may have naturally had one breast that was larger than the other, which is quite common in women, or the swelling in your right breast is resolving quicker than the left. Swelling will continue to go down and your breasts will change slightly in size and appearance over the next few months but I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your surgeon and expressing your concerns so they can perform a physical examination.
Best of luck in your recovery!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

On July 26th of 2016 I got a breast augmentation. I don't know if I got bottoming out or is it something else?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

bottoming out?

It is hardly a month and a half,dont worry you look within normal limits,there is a lot more edema on the left side as compared to the opposite,however it is prudent to meet your PS and discuss your concerns,if i read it right in 6-9 months evrything will be all right.

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

It does look like the one low side is a bit low. Best to discuss with your surgeon to see how he would like tome forward.  Good luck.

Breast Augmentation Outcome

Hello,  I appreciate your question and photo. You'll have to  wait a few more months until the implants settle down.  At this moment I can tell you are still swelling and you don't have the final outcome.  Wait and be patient.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Best to speak to your surgeon

The left breast does appear a bit lower than the right.  I would suggest going to see your surgeon to discuss the possibility of a revision.  Good luck!

From the photograph, I suspect the issue is more that the implants are at different heights relative to the nipple. When this happens, it can give the impression of one 'larger' breast. It would be useful to see this picture in relation to the preoperative photographs to see what was pre-existing. Regardless, if breast asymmetry is bothering you, it is likely only addressed surgically and you should go see your plastic surgeon regarding your concerns. She or he can give you some ideas about what fixing this would entail and the typical recovery, etc. Hope that helps!CDK