I want to get a BA. Do I need a lift to get the best results? Confused- I've had Conflicting PS consults! Need Opinions.(photo)

If I get silicone implants 385cc HP & 415cc HP smaller breast do you think I would still require a lift? I have seen others have good results on RS similar to mine w/ getting this size & no lift One PS says anchor lift both w/ 400 MP 2) Anchor lift on 1 -385 MP 3) Crescent lift on just 1 -400 HP Or 4) Lollipop lift on both - 400 MP If I can get a nice outcome w/out all the scars I would prefer that! But don't want to need a lift 5 -6 years down the road either -if I don't get a lift now -Help!

Breast augmentation alone or with lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. It looks like you would be best served with a combination of breast lift with augmentation.  The parameters of both, the breast lift and the position of the breast implants should be designed to keep the implants relatively low while lifting the breast tissue and nipple to sit directly over the implants.  Breast augmentation alone will restore volume in your breasts but they will become more saggy eventually.  Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky however it can be done. The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in this area. 

Breast lift

Hello. From your appearance you would benefit most from a vertical lift to both breasts with smaller high profile implants.  The skin reduction with the lift will create the fullness that you seek while making the breasts appear perky. 
Be well
DrBurnett#realself100

I want to get a BA. Do I need a lift to get the best results? Confused- I've had Conflicting PS consults! Need Opinions

without a lift you will be larger and eventually more saggy, as well as having to go on top of the muscle. I think a lift with the implant, using a lollipop incision would give you better shape and location of the new breast mound.

Julio Garcia, MD

When to lift?

It is normal to experience changes in your breasts over time. Especially with weight loss or pregnancy, many women experience deflation of the breasts that leaves them appearing slightly low and flatter at the top. Both implants and a lift address this issue, but in different ways.  To simplify, a lift will make the nipple appear higher on the breast mound, but will do little to change the shape of the breast, primarily the nipple position on the breast.  An implant will make the breast appear rounder, and more full at the top.  Sometimes a combination of both surgeries is best to meet your individual goals.  And, often, the decision to do one or both depends on your preference for creating an "idealized" breast shape. Implants alone will lift the nipple position slightly, but, to be more idealized, the nipple would be lifted surgically as well to make the outcome as idealized as possible.  This depends on your preference, as some women prefer a more natural shape and others prefer the idealized shape. A board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in cosmetic breast surgery will be able to assess your breast and skin and facilitate this type of discussion to help you understand the best option for you.

Neil Fine, MD

Implants only or lift

Thank you for providing the photos.  The sizes you have chosen should give you a nice result without a lift.  Your larger and lower breast will most likely still be lower with implants only. That being said, what are your goals?  Implants can only do so much.  Whether you have a lift now or not there is no way to honestly tell someone they would never need a lift or revision in years to come.  Our bodies and our goal do change over time.  The important this is to try and meet your expectation right now and that the procedure chosen fills those expectations.  As stated previously, sometimes there may be compromises.

Breast lift or not?

Thank you for the question and photos. I can understand your confusion I've had patients share the same concerns. From the side photos your nipples are above your breast fold which means you don't need a lift however from the front your breasts appear low and saggy. If you are completely opposed to having additional scars then you may be able to get away without a lift by using high profile implants and have a very good result. But if you want a long lasting result with minimal scarring a vertical lift or lollipop scar would be ideal. I almost never use the anchor lift technique anymore because of the long scars and they tend to flatten the breast shape over time. I reserve the Crescent lift to correct minor asymmetries of nipples. I hope that helped lessen your confusion. 
Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

BA or lift with implants.

Thank you for your question.  Judging by your photos, you appear to have some sagging of your breasts (especially on your right side).  An ideal breast augmentation should position the nipple in or near the center of the implant.  A vertical breast lift (lollipop) incision would move the nipple in proper position and yield a better contour. As always choose an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assist you with your decision.

David Steckler, MD, FACS
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

You appear borderline- with the appropriate implants, you may avoid a lift.
An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Lift?

You might need a small lift. This might be as simple as a circumareola lift with implants. An exam in person would be essential.

Lift or no lift

As you can tell, you are seeing different opinions. The best way is with a direct examination, as photos may be at angles that make the nipple complex look lower than it may be. By the photos, I believe you would do better with a lift, the periareolar vs lollipop, should be determined by the surgeon, and sometimes at the time of surgery. Do not concern as much about the scar, but more the shape, and position of the nipple complex, as you had mentioned, you do not want to repeat the lift, just to save the scar now. I would pick your surgeon, based on your comfort with that individual, and let them achieve your goal for you. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon