Empty A cup wants a breastlift without implants. (photo)

Want a lift with minimal scarring and prefer no implant for health reasons. What are the best lift options? Just stopped breastfeeding a month ago and wondered if any volume would return a year or two from now. Cost in Philadelphia?

Breast Lift and Fullness Without Implants

If you have been considering a Breast Lift and want more  breast fullness, but are not comfortable with introducing artificial material into your body, you may want to look into the benefits of breast augmentation with fat transfer. An alternative to breast implants is fat transfer also known as fat grafting or lipoinjection. This technique allows women the option of enhancing the appearance of their breasts without the potential problems of saline or silicone implants such as hardness, rippling or rupture.
Who is a candidate?
  • Any woman who is healthy
  • Women with sufficient body fat for the procedure
  • Women considering breast lift or breast augmentation who wish to be one cup size larger or less
  • Women who have had breast lift, augmentation or reconstruction but who lack fullness or have contour concerns. Fat transfer can further enhance and reshape your breasts while smoothing out visible or palpable edges of breast implants. This will disguise implant rippling and wrinkling.
  • Women with normal mammography

Breast Lift

A mastopexy will result in perky breasts with smaller areolas. I doubt your breasts will change much after three or four months post  nursing. Regarding health and breast implants, this is of course a personal decision but the science suggests that breast implants are safe. I have no information about costs in Philadelphia, however a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to find out and to confirm my answer to you.

William H. Gorman, MD

Breast lift

Congrats on your new chile.  Sorry the breasts aren't complying with your desires.

You should wait at least 4 more months (total of 6 months post delivery) to assess you final shape and size.  The breasts will more likely continue to deflate over this period.  From your photos, it does not appear that a minimal scar (periareolar mastopexy) will work for you.  At the very least, a lollipop or vertical mastopexy procedure may be a consideration.  I know you are against implants, but of course that might be your best option combined with a minimal lift etc.

Best of luck over the next few months.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast lift

First you should wait a few more months until the breasts have completely involuted. You do not have a lot of tissue to lift and an implant would be a nice addition.  A vertical lift using a lolllipop incision may be reasonable.

Breast lift

A breast lift without implants will be smaller and still empty on top.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast Lift surgery: timing after breastfeeding

You need to wait a minimum of six months from the time you stop breastfeeding to determine the final shape and size of your breasts. It is possible your breasts could stay the same size they are now or get even smaller. At that time you could schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon to help you figure out what you might accomplish and to decide if surgery is an option for you. You'd also want to see before and after photo of patients who started out like you in height, weight and breast size and shape. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a breast lift using a wise-pattern. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift

Hello and thanks. You will benefit from a vertical breast lift without implants. Expect volume loss after breast feeding. Consider having surgery at least 6 months after breast feeding. Costs vary between $6000-$8500 but check with your local surgeons offices. 

Good luck. 

Breast lift

Your breasts will be smaller after a lift without an implant. You need to be prepared for this. Just like with any other procedure, it is important to understand the limitations of what can be achieved in your case. You to find need a plastic surgeon you trust and follow their recommendations. Good luck!

Pexy without augment

I agree that your breasts may undergo more changes in the next few months. You can certainly have a lift without implants.  Many women want the shape and nipple height without augmentation.  Keep in mind that, if you have another child, you may be back to square one if you are able to breast feed again. Generally, I advise my patients to wait until childbearing is complete but if you are really psychologically uncomfortable with the current state of affairs, that might be an indication for earlier intervention so long as you are aware of the possible need for more surgery down the road.