Still hasn't dropped (Photo)

I got my breast augmentation on July 26 still my right breast is higher and my left breast nipple is more higher than my right I don't know if it's supposed to be like that my sergon said my right brest should go in the pocket then my nipple will go up not the othet but I don't know help

Uneven implants

Hello rosa,

From your photos I can understand your concern.  I tell patients that it can take sometimes up to 3 months for implants to settle and "drop." In your case you may be later on this timeline as you still in an active healing phase.  The two options to consider are that you need to allow more time for the right breast to settle or that your left breast has come down too much which is causing the appearance that the right is too high.  Depending on the determined cause your surgeon can make the decision for the next step with you.

I would recommend talking with your primary surgeon first. Communication is key and s/he would be the best to assess how you are healing.  Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

If you look at your should position you are holding your shoulder much higher on the right and this is lifting your right breast up and probably accounting for the difference

This isn't going to fix itself

Sorry you are going through this.  Here is the no-nonsense answer:  You have a very classic appearance of bottoming out from the photos you show.  I doubt this will get better on its own.  While it takes many months to see the final results the photo shows a low implant with a high nipple on the one side.  Unfortunately this can happen from time to time for many reasons.  Some of them have to deal with how people heal and some are related to the way the pocket was created in the OR.  Seek advice from your surgeon about possible revision surgery and if you are not getting answers that make sense seek in person second opinions.  Best of luck!

Implant position

It would be nice to see preops as well as photos with your arms down at your side.  It can take 4-6 months for things to settle.

Breast differences

It is difficult to say for sure as to photographs are limited, but it appears that your left breast has bottomed out some, that it has dropped a bit too far.  I don't think it is an issue of the right breast needing to drop further.  Regardless, you should have another visit with your plastic surgeon to examine the area, as you both wait another 2-3 months to examine the final result.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

I understand your concern, but it can take 3-6 months for the implants to settle and for you to see your final look.  Continue to follow the advice of your surgeon.  I know it's hard to be patient, but time is your best friend right now.

Camille Cash, MD

2 months after surgery

Thank your  for your question and I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.  The photos do demonstrate a difference in the implant position but without seeing before pictures it is difficult to assess what result would be expected.  Either way 8 weeks out is still very early for implants.  Be sure to discuss implant massage exercise with your surgeon to see if "dropping" can be hastened. 

Asymmetric position of breast implants after augmentation.

It is early to make you final pronouncement but it looks as though the left infra mammary fold is lower than the right. The distance from the areola to the crease and the left side appears longer than on the right. This might require surgical revision but you must wait until swelling has subsided before a final pronouncement can be made.

Breast has not yet dropped

Thank you for your photographs and question.  I recommend that you wait a full 4-6 weeks before considering a final result.  Be sure to follow the recommendations of your surgeon.  He or she may recommend breast massage.  Best of luck.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your primary surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon