How soon after childbirth can I safely have a mommy makeover? Is within 3-4 months of childbirth risking too much?

I am early 20's and in good health, 2 kids, breastfed both. Currently only formula. Had my youngest child last month, plan on having a mommy makeover as soon as it is safe. Delivered both c section. Researched a little on the topic and am aware for at least 3 months following childbirth, women are more at risk for blood clotting complications. However, I also saw that every woman's safe period is different. Getting within 10% of my goal weight like I'm supposed to won't be a problem. Thanks

How long should one weight after childbirth to undergo mommy makeover.

There is no standard but by six months you should be completely recovered from the pregnancy and delivery.

How soon after childbirth can I safely have a mommy makeover? Is within 3-4 months of childbirth risking too much

Thank you for your question.  I would recommend to wait 6 months after childbirth and 6 momnths after cesation of breast feeding.  Consult with a board ccertified plastic surgeon.  Best WIshes. 

How soon after childbirth for mummy makeover?

I think a minimum of 6 months and ar least 6 months after cessation of breast feeding esp if breast implants are needed.
best to allow body to harmonise and to be as close to ure usual body weight.
dont rush these major surgical decisions.

Nilesh Sojitra 

Nilesh Sojitra, MSc, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover after Pregnancy

Pregnancy causes many changes in the body including extra body fat and stretching of the skin and abdominal wall. Breast feeding causes these changes as well in the breasts. You need to wait at least 6 months after your body recovered from pregnancy so that your body gets closer to its pre pregnancy state. You will get a better and longer lasting overall result.

Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less!

From a safety standpoint, you're probably fine

I like to wait 6 months just to make sure the breasts are done changing and weight has stabilized, but 3-4 months on the right person may be fine.  This is a good time to get established with a surgeon, but you may need to alter the plan a little before surgery (might not need that little bit of lipo if you lose the weight or might need a little bigger implant if your breasts shrink a bunch).  See a couple of ASAPS member surgeons in your area and start developing a plan.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

How soon after childbirth can I safely have a mommy makeover?

Hi... thank you for the question.... Generally you can have procedures 4-6 months after birth... start your search and getting ready for it.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Mommy makeover after childbirth

I would recommend to wait at least six month after childbirth and at least three months after breast feeding. Your body is still changing at this stage, and it would be too early to make a specific surgical plan. It is not just the risk of deep vein thrombosis you should consider, and you do not want to have procedure only to find out that your body changed again after it.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Best to wait 6 months to 1 year after childbirth and cessation of breast feeding before having a mommy makeover.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Mommy make over

You will find many answers to this topic. But in my experience some women may lose more weight after pregnancy. I recommend waiting at least 6-12 months after pregnancy before having any procedures. This will give you the best possible post operative results. I recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck with your procedures. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

How soon after childbirth can I have a mommy makeover

The general consensus for an abdominoplasty is 6 months after childbirth or longer provided you have stopped breast feeding for 3 months and are back to your pre-pregnancy weight. One year is ideal but not essential. Continuing to Breast feed will delay tummy and breast surgery. Make sure you have help at home. 

Consult with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Check out his work and his before and after gallery on his web site. 

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon