5'6 180lbs, should I lose 20lbs before surgery? (photos)

I'm 5'6" and I am looking to get a bbl, lipo, and tummy tuck. I'm skeptical on the tummy tuck but want a flat tummy and waist. I have had 2 kids also.

Weight loss before surgery

Based on your photos, I would encourage you to have a discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon on what the ideal weight would be for a safe surgical procedure. I advise my patients being at your ideal weight will give the best outcome. 

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Should I lose 20lbs before surgery?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures the decision to or not to lose weight will depend on you and your surgeon, as weight would provide better results, but you must do it with a nutritionist, because it candecrease their levels of hemoglobin and fat needed for the BBL.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Weight loss

Hello. Weight loss will usually improve your overall outcome. Your BMI is less than 30 so it is safe to proceed with your surgery if you are otherwise healthy. 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Tummy Tuck and BBL

I think either scenario is acceptable, but it really depends upon what your goals are.  Losing the weight may give you a nicer result in the abdomen area, with more flatness and tightness there.  However, keeping the weight will give you more fat to use to augment your buttocks.  So, it really depends upon your goals, and you should discuss these closely with your plastic surgeon.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Should I lose 20 pounds before surgery?

It is best to remain at a weight you can maintain prior to surgery, especially when fat transfer is involved, like with a BBL.  I find that patients who try to diet heavily before surgery can gain the weight back after surgery. For instance,  I would set their body at 160 pounds and then after surgery they would go back to 180 pounds. The results may not look as nice. Talk with your surgeon and discuss the issues with them.Good Luck!

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss prior to surgery

It is up to you to decide at what weight you are comfortable.  But remember in order to perform a BBL you need a certain amount of fat available to harvest.  It also depends upon your surgical goals. Best of luck.

Tummy tuck and bbl

Hello and thank you for your question.   Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  BBL can be performed at the same time for a contoured waistline and shaped buttock.  If you are able to loose any additional weight prior to surgery, this will enhance your results.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Liposuction alone

This looks like you should have liposuction instead of tummy tuck, and you can have it performed now.