I'm having a mommy makeover in two weeks and I'm having a lot anxiety is this normal?

Anxiety prior to surgery is very normal; its complete elimination is usually not possible. Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, other important "variables" such as anesthesia provider and surgery facility will be selected based on everyone's first priority: safety. This careful selection should give you some peace of mind that you will be safe around the time of surgery. Discuss your specific areas of concerns with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to help you calm your nerves.
I ask my patients to try to be as calm as possible prior to surgery; this “calmness" tends to translate to a smoother postoperative course. You may be able to alleviate some pre operative anxiety with music, exercise, meditation, a glass of wine (if ok with your surgeon), and positive/objective focus on the long term outcome/benefits etc. prior to your procedure.
Again, I think you will be best off, given that your surgery is coming up very soon, spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals/concerns/questions carefully (preferably prior to the day of surgery). In doing so will you likely find peace of mind and decreased anxiety.
Generally, patients find that they did “get worked up for nothing” after their recovery is completed.

Anxiety Before Surgery Is Normal!

I'm sorry you're having such #anxiety!  Concerns about undergoing surgery are normal, especially when you are having multiple procedures like in your #mommymakeover.  You need to address these concerns with your #boardcertified plastic surgeon.  What you can do right now is follow all the pre-op instructions you have been given and remind yourself of why you want to have this surgery in the first place.  In the hands of a skilled #boardcertified surgeon, you have nothing to fear.

Anxiety before surgery

Make sure to discuss all our concerns with your surgeon, Its absolutely normal to be nervous before surgery.  Its important to keep positive thoughts it will help before and after the surgery.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It would be quite unnatural to not have some anxiety about an impending surgery, but i applaud you for reaching out for reassurance. Be confidant that you have made the right decision for you and you alone. Entering surgery with a positive mindset will make the recovery that much easier. The majority of patients do quite well with a mommy makeover, and if there were questions about your ability to have the surgery performed, your physician would have discussed these with you. Remain at ease and enjoy the process!

Having a mommy makeover and am anxious, is this normal?

It is perfectly normal to be anxious about any upcoming surgery.  Make sure that you have discussed all your questions/concerns  with your board-certified plastic surgeon, and are satisfied with the answers.  If you are unsure about either your surgeon or the procedure, then maybe a second opinion will allay your fears.  Good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - increasingly anxious

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• First, it is normal to be anxious before surgery - everyone is to some degree.
  • Second, surgery can raise issues that make us anxious - for instance a bad surgical experience or other trauma in the past.
  • Third - you may be second-thinking your decision or your choice of surgeon....so take a moment to calm down and listen to what is going on behind the anxiety.
  • Fourth - you may be worried about the money - it is expensive surgery but truly results can be amazing.
  • So - assuming you feel confident you have the right surgeon, let her/him know of the anxiety - often just hearing from your surgeon is all an anxious patient needs.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover Jitters

It is completely normal to be nervous before elective surgery. I am sure you have done your homework and are in good hands. Just follow your doctor's pre-op instructions and go for it! Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD