Hi, I'm having a mommy make over July 13th. What do I need to purchase to help with recovery....silicon tape, arnica, etc

Hi, what do I need to purchase for my mommy make over July 13th?

Mommy Makeover Recovery

For your #mommymakeover recovery you may wish to purchase some icepacks and painkillers per your #boardcertified plastic surgeon's recommendation.  While #Arnica has no scientific evidence of its effectiveness, my patients have claimed some success with arnica reducing their #swelling and #bruising so feel free to purchase some of that as well.
Make sure to follow all of your surgeon's pre and post op instructions.
Best of luck with your #surgery!

Pre-op instructions

I have attached a link to the pre-op instructions that I give all my patients. 
I hope you find it useful for your surgery!

Good luck. 

Mommy Makeover/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Liposuction/Tummy Tuck/ Brazilian Butt Lift/High Definition Procedures

Please discuss this question with your surgeon.  He/she should have a pre-operative check list for you to follow.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  Each physician will have their own recommended supplies, so I would recommend reaching out to your surgeon, but below i have attached an exhaustive list of options that a realself user wrote up.  You can use this list to run the items by your surgeon for their applicability to your procedures.  Hope this helps.

Post-op supplies for a mommy makeover recovery.

Very little is needed for your recovery from the mommy makeover.  Gauze pads, Aquaphor ointment, and maybe an extra bra or binder (ask your surgeon) is all you need.  The most important component of the recovery will be frequent walking along with following the post-op instructions.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over...what do I need to purchase?

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• At least in my practice, beyond some gauze, Vaseline or Aquaphor and filling prescriptions, one doesn't need a lot of supplies.
  • But I do suggest that my patients rent a walker - it makes it much easier to get around.
  • And to have a stable seat of some kind in the shower - since when you shower the first few times, you can get dizzy (someone should be around to help as well.)
  • For me, the most important 'item' is for my patient to have someone really reliable to look after my patient and the children so my patient can recover without additional stress.
  • But it's always smart to check with your own surgeon - your surgeon may have different ideas for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS