Measured at 34DD, but breasts look awful after weight loss! (Photo)

Though measured at 34DD, they're droopy, saggy and they have absolutely no volume on top. None whatsoever. Though I like the size, I want them rounder, fuller (especially above the nipple) and a more defined cleavage. I want them to look like what 34DD's are supposed to look like! Is that only possible with implants? Are there alternatives to get those round, perky, full breasts? It's really taken a hit on my confidence, and I'm way too young to have breasts like this.

34DD but loss of upper pole fullness

It is common with fuller breasts like yours to have some sagging and loss of upper fullness. The best solution for upper pole fullness (the area above your nipple) which will also make your cleavage better, is either implants or fat grafting. Implants can really increase the roundness at the top as well. You may want a breast lift also to pull that excess lower tissue up to your chest and move the nipple to the center of the breast. It will be so great to feel really confident with your 34DDs! Best wishes!

Fuller more youthful breasts

Hi , After viewing your photos it looks like you would be a good candidate for a breast implant and uplift.  A small implant can be used as a base to give more firmness and upper pole fullness and the uplift will then lift the breast onto the implant.  An uplift alone will give the breasts a better shape and lift them and in the short term more upper pole fullness however the skin stretches and the upper fullness diminishes. An implant alone is also not a good option because it will sit above the fold beneath your breasts and the breast would sag off the implant.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and photo. It is really best for you to have an in-person consultation and assessment so that your Plastic Surgeon can measure your breasts and discuss goals/options with you.

Breast surgery

Thank you for your pictures and question. I feel you will get a nice result with a breast lift. If you want extra fullness in the upper pole of your breasts or added projection, then adding a small implant is recommended. It is best that consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you in choosing the best plan.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Treatment options for sagging breasts

Hello there,Thank you for your question. You can achieve your desired look by getting a breast lift. This procedure will get rid of the excess skin and tighten the surrounding tissue. A lift will provide you with perkier, more youthful looking breasts. Breast lift surgery is commonly combined with a breast augmentation in order help lift the sagging breast while providing a little extra volume. However, if you do not want them to get any larger, you do not have to get the combination surgery. A lift would be just fine in your case. You can discuss these options with your doctor to see what would be most appropriate for your situation. I hope that helps and good luck to you in your future endeavors. Have a great day!
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Aesthetic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Plastic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
              American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
              International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
              American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
              American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)
              American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
              The Rhinoplasty Society Phone: 412-446-0391 Fax: 412-446-0391

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Measured at 34DD, but breasts look awful after weight loss!

Thank you for your question.  A combination breast lift with submuscular breast implants may well be your best option.  This procedure will increase fullness above the nipple areola, will help correct the breast asymmetry that you have, and lift the breast to a more youthful position.  For more information please read the length below:

Implants and a lift

It looks like you could benefit from a lift and if you want more volume then implants would be best.  Good luck.

Implant for upper pole fullness

Thanks for the photo and the great question! You appear to have some ptosis of your breast tissue. If you are really wanting to fill out the upper pole of your breast and to restore the youthful shape of your breast then a breast lift with an implant is the way to go. There are more scars involved with the surgery, but when done well the scars should hardly be noticeable when healed. You trade scars for a much better breast shape. Some surgeons you'll see will try to talk you into just putting in a big breast implant to try and "lift" the breast tissue. Although this may help a little bit in the short run, the long term results are disappointing. May sure to see someone who has done a lot of breast lifts with an augmentation. Look at their before and afters to make sure you like their results. Best of luck in your area!~Dr. Sieber

Droopy breast after weight loss

Unfortunately weight loss can have a detrimental effect on the appearance of the breast not matter at what age. The loss of fullness and volume on the top is very common in this cases and very often is accompanied by loss of skin elasticity and this is why the brest become saggy.Try to give the volume back with a breast enlargement only would be a mistake because the weight of the implant could make your breast even more droopy.The best advice would be to reach a weight that you feel comfortable with and that you can maintain and then consider an uplift without or with implant (better if small to keep the weight light) depending on the size that you want to be.I hope you find this answer helpful.Kind RegardsMr Netri

Giorgio Netri, MBBS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon