Implant Removal and Lift - what is the best course of action? (photos)

2 years ago, breasts were sagging. Dr recomm implants (385 ccs). I now cannot run or do sports. I want them out, a lift (which should have been done the 1st time) and no implant. What would give me the best result and what size should I be - full B or C? I am 5'9" and now 150 (currently 15 lbs overweight). 1st dr says lift and fat inj in upper pole; C cup. 2nd says lift w galaflex, no fat, full B. Do I get small implant? Hope to avoid implant and its weight sort of defeats purpose of a lift.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Removing the implants will make you smaller and deflate your breast so you are correct that you will need a lift. Fat transfer is and excellent option as well to fill the deflation but will add volume. It is also technique dependant so make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these surgeries. Finally, the traditional anchor approach is probably more scar than is necessary band tends to leave a boxy shape so a lollipop technique will probably be a better choice. Please see the attached video link below for examples of these techniques and also to other videos on my site for breast lift and fat transfer techniques. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day! Dr Kayser - Detroit

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal with a lift can rejuvenate a saggy breast that's too large

Preferences change and when breast implants start interfering with activity and just don't look the way they used to they may need to be removed.  What is right for each patient can be different so each situation requires a proper consultation, but looking at the pictures, I would imagine implant removal with a breast lift will give a nice improvement in the breast shape that gets much closer to the desired shape.  I would skip a small implant and fat grafting at the initial surgery and only consider those for if removal and a lift doesn't achieve the desired result.  But given it appears that there is adequate breast tissue (being 15lbs overweight probably helps that) I don't imagine those additional procedures would be needed. Best of luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

I agree that you will do well with removal of the implants and a short scar mastopexy (breast lift). For a subtle added volume, fat grafting could also be done at the same time. You do not need implants at all based on the desired goal in your photos. Best wishes. 

Implant removal

If you no longer desire implants than do not have another "small" implant inserted. It appears you have sufficient volume remaining in your natural breast to remove your existing implants, perform a vertical breast lift (lollipop pattern). If you need a fat transfer in the future for upper pole fullness you can do that at a later second stage.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Implant Removal and Lift - what is the best course of action?

You will see that there are a variety of different options available to you. My best advice: seek consultation with a few board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well.   Best to use visual aids such as goal photographs, not a discussion of cup sizes, during the communication process. Remember that it "full B cup" may mean different things to different people.

Working together you will come up with the best plan to  achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.  Best wishes.

Lift

You can have the implants removed and if you have enough natural tissue then you can consider a lift at the same time. If not delay the lift unit the implant pocket collapses down.

Implant Removal--Breast Lift

Thanks for your question.  It seems that you do not want implants because of the weight and possible need for a lift again.  The lift would seem to give you the result you are looking for and if after that you want more fullness in the upper portion of the breast, you can opt for some fat grafting.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who does a great deal of breast work and you should be happy with your end result.  Best of luck.