Implant removal

Hi, I have breast implants (round smooth HP mentor 350/400) for 5 months and I'm getting them removed. I was a 34B before, now 34 D. Will my breast return to pre-implant look considering I've only had them in for 5 months?

Breast implant removal

Your result is hard to predict as there are many factors that will influence the outcome.  If your skin has good elasticity, you have a better chance of the breasts returning to a similar pre op look.  There will likely be at least some changes to the breast, but the extent won't be known until after you have recovered.

Breast Implant removal

Thank you for your question. The breast implants have somewhat altered the size and shape of your breasts even though they have been in for just 5months. With the initial surgery and even after surgery, the skin breast tissue and muscle have changed and likely decreased some. After your implants are removed, some skin tightening and breast lift procedures can be done to enhance your shape though.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

How will I look after implants are removed?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.

• A great question - but hard to answer.
  • You had fairly large implants so the skin and breasts will be wider and flatter than before.
  • The cup size is likely to be unchanged.
  • If your breast skin is thick and free of stretch marks, the loose skin is likely to shrink down a bit.
  • Remember - every woman is shocked when implants are removed because you are now accustomed to your new look. So be prepared for that.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Implant removal

Following implant removal there will be some change to your breast as a result of stetching.

Several procedures can be done to correct this including ,Internal tightening,fat injections and excision of excess skin

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Do breasts snap back to their pre-augmentation shape when implants are removed?

The short answer is no.  Breast augmentation permanently alters the shape of the breasts.  The increase in volume will stretch the skin, may even thin out some of the fat, and if the muscle was released for an under-the- muscle implant placement there may be some loss of volume in the lower breast.  Of course all of those changes depend on the preoperative breast shape and the size of the implant relative to that.  A smaller breast with a larger implant will be more significantly affected than a larger breast.  This doesn't mean though that removal always necessitates some other procedure (like a lift or fat grafting) in order to restore a nice shape.  Sometimes removal alone works out fine and results in a pretty breast shape without any issues, but not always.  The best thing to do is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience with your issue.  Best of luck.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

If you remove your implants, your breasts will likely not bounce back to your original look. They will likely be a bit looser and may sag.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. A lot of this will depend on the quality of your skin envelope and the degree to which it was stretched during implant placement. If you are younger and have tighter skin, you very well may recover well. The converse would be permanent changes to the skin as a result of a stretching which could require skin reduction surgery. Should you be left with contour deformities or deflation that is unappealing to you, another option would be the use of fat transfer where fat could be taken from one part of your body and placed to the breast to facilitate correction and volume restoration. In any case, I would recommend a consultation with the board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these things. I hope this helps you have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Removal

Since the implants were only in place for a few months, you will likely only go down to your original size. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Implant removal

Your breast should go back to their original look after surgery if you have not had a pregnancy, or big weight gains or loss.  Wear your compression bra to expedite healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implant removal

Yes! Provided you have not had another body shape change due Tom pregnancy or big weight gains or loss, your breasts should go back to their preaugmented state. I find it typically takes just a few weeks. Best of luck!

Melinda Haws, MD