Did I experience a hematoma? (photos)

First night after surgery I experienced a bleed on my right breast. My doctor advised ice and pressure over the phone but didn't examine me due to the fact that the breast was not bigger than the left. There was significantly more pain in healing on that side. 12 days out, my right implant feels like it is tight and that breast is much smaller than my left. Could I have had a hematoma and already be experiencing the early symptoms of capsular contracture? Is this just bruising as my doctor says?

Excessive Bleeding

Hello,What is known is that you bled and you have a sizable bruise, both of which is not normal. What isn't known is where the bleeding came from (subcutaneous versus around the implant), and if there is now blood around the implant. You will need to heal and followed along through the next few months. There is an increased possibility that you do develop CC. At this point though, there are no remedies that prevent CC including, implant massage, vitamin E, and Singular.Best of luck!

Hematoma?

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  A hematoma is a collection of blood and bleeding is the act of loosing blood.  Clearly from your picture you had blood loss and bruising.  Only by exam and sometimes imaging can we ascertain if you have a hematoma vs bruising.  I suggest you discuss with your surgeon and good luck  

Hematoma/Capsular Contracture

Based on your photos, you likely bled after surgery and some of it may have been retained. So, yes you experienced a hematoma. And if the R breast is now more firm, it could be an early capsular contracture. You may benefit from daily dose of Singulair that your surgeon can prescribe. Massage or exercises may also be of benefit. I recommend you discuss further with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Hematoma?

Without being intimately involved in your care over the past week or so and also not seeing your preop photos, makes it hard to give you a straight answer. You are best to see your surgeon and follow his instructions.