Breast implant removal. (photo)

Hi, I'm 8weeks post op, got 350cc, mentor silicone unders and want them out. How much time off from work do I need. Can I have he surgery in a Thursay and return to work the following Monday ? How long do drains need to be in? I'm a teacher!

Implant removal

That is unfortunate you want your recently placed implants removed, but having them removed is much less painful and time consuming from a healing standpoint. The implant can typically be removed, no drains placed and the pocket will contract back towards a pre-implant state. good luck

Breast implant removal.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Breast implant removal recovery surgery is usually almost painless and associated with a faster return to activities compared to the breast augmentation procedure.  The procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the circumstances of the specific patient.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time.  Best wishes.

Implant removal is usually a fairly simple process that requires just enough incision to gain access to the pocket.  It is usually not necessary to remove the capsules and I would rarely use drains in this situation.  The breasts should shrink and tighten over time to something similar to your preoperative appearance, although this is not always the case.  As long as you don't have to do anything strenuous, a 4 day recovery should be reasonable. If it has only been two months, you may want to give yourself more time to think about things.  Often, it takes many months to get used to your new appearance and for the implants to settle in.  If you are absolutely sure this is what you want to do, you should contact your original surgeon to discuss removal.  Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Explant

Recovery from explant of Breast Implants is fairly quick.Removal of implants, capsule and repair of the muscle.Should be back to work in 2-3 days with no heavy activity for three weeks

Implant removal

Implants can be removed at anytime. If they have been placed recently and there were no complications, then probably just removing them without removing a capsule can be performed.  Often patients can return to light duty pretty quickly.

All patients do not require drains.  That decision is usually made at the time of surgery.  Wearing a good compression garment will help heal and protect the breast.  Taking a week off should be plenty of time as long as you take care of yourself.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Breast implant removal

I would normally leave drains in for about 2-3 days, depending on the amount of drainage.  Planning to have the surgery on a Thursday and go back to work Monday is probably pushing it; while that timing has worked for some of my patients, it has not for others.  You should of course discuss this with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons who can examine you in person.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

One week off from work

You may not go back to work after 3 days if you want the space to heal properly.After breast implant revision or removal surgery, I advise the patients to take one week off from work. We do not use bras for one full month after surgery.  At that point we take out their stitches and drains. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At one month, the patients start to wear a soft cup bra with no underwire and can start low impact cardio. This is when it is safe to sleep on your side or belly. At two months they can wear an underwire bra and engage in more strenuous physical activity.