20 days post op Breast Augmentation, any suggestions?

Hi I'm 20 days out from a breast augmentation. I got 350cc mentor smooth under the muscle and they look high, tubular shape and big. Will the size and shape change? I'm hoping they will be smaller and more natural looking.

Concers with recovery after breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. Three weeks post op is very early in regards to recovery after a breast augmentation. Discuss your concerns with your PS and follow his/her directions. Be patient( I know it's hard to be)but your patients will be rewarded with beautiful breasts. Best wishes.

20 Days Post Augmentation?

If your are only twenty days post surgery, you have a long way to go in the recovery process.  It is not unusual for the breasts to look quite strange for a few weeks.  It takes most women three months on average for everything to soften and settle.  Some are faster while others are slower, but twenty days would be very early in anyone to see the final results.  Just be patient, massage the breasts 2-3x a day, and allow them to achieve their final shape.  I hope this helps.

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.  Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.  As breast implants "settle", they tend to round out the lower breast poles. As this occurs, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound. Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Wait for them to "drop and fluff"

Do discuss your concerns with your PS.  I "assume" that these are your first set of implants and they are under the muscle.  The pectoralis muscles will eventually relax and your implants will #"drop and fluff", hopefully, into the breast skin envelope, thereby reversing the high, tubular appearance.  In the absence of pics, eventual volume is difficult to predict.  In the absence of capsular contracture, which is unlikely at POD 20, you should anticipate 6-12 weeks for final settling.Hope this helps.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Any suggestions?

Hello GC. This appearance is normal for the early post op period and breasts are usually "high and tight" in the beginning. In time, the breast tissue will stretch and you're likely to see a  "drop and fluff" change to your breasts. Be sure to see your surgeon about these concerns. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon