Breast Augmentation.

10 days out of a breast augmentation. Is it normal to for my breast to be extremely sensitive especially the nipple area?

Breast augmentation sensitivity

It is fairly common for patients to have weird sensations after surgery. Some do have increased nipple sensitivity but this often gets better as one heals.

Breast augmentation implants with nipple sensitivity

It is very common to be hypersensitive after breast augmentation. There are silicone pads that can be placed on the nipple aureolas to act as shock absorbers. Silagen makes them. It usually resolves in 4 to 16 weeks. Feel better and good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Sensitivity post surgery

This is very common so soon after surgery. It does settle down over time but you may expect to have this still for a number of weeks.

Nipple sensitivity

Thank you for your question!  It is completely normal to have hyper sensitive nipples after breast augmentation as the stretch on the area can effect the nerves.  This should continue to improve over the next few weeks to months.  Best of Luck!Dr. Tag

Takes time

Congratulations on your surgery.The nerves to the nipple are stretched to their new length with the implants, and it takes time for the nerves to adjust.

Sensitivity after breast augmentation

Thank you for the question. It is very common to have this feeling. Initially the nerves of the breasts may go into a little shock right after surgery. Then has the healing begins the nerves can be sensitive and patients report that they may have sensitivity to touch or feeling "zingers" across their breast. This should resolve with time. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Yes, this is commonly reported, as is temporary sensation loss. You should expect sensitivity to normalize roughly 1-2 months post op. Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you note new, increasing pain or other concerns.
All the best

Breast Augmentation

It is common to have increased sensitivity your nipples after an augmentation procedure.  I estimate approximately 15-20% of patients experience this.    Fortunately it is only temporary and usually resolves in 2-3 weeks from surgery as the inflammation settles down. I have my patients place a soft barrier, piece of cotton cloth, between their nipples and bra until it subsides.   
Hope this helps

Nipple sensitivity after breast augmentation

Sorry to hear that you are uncomfortable.  It is possible to have sharply increased or decreased nipple sensation after breast augmentation, especially in the first several weeks after the procedure.  The chest and breast tissues (including the nerves) will be stretched by the implants and this may cause sensory changes.  Fortunately, these nipple sensory changes are usually temporary and improve as the tissues relax and the implants assume their final position.  Let your plastic surgeon know about your symptoms and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon