Bbl on oct 27 - 3 weeks op - it's starting to look like I'm losing my butt.

What can I do to prevent this problem??? And is my fat gonna expand???

Bbl on oct 27 - 3 weeks op - it's starting to look like I'm losing my butt

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon.  You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of luck!!

Fat loss after BBL

The most important message: Keep calm.

A certain amount of volume loss is a normal, expected and an inevitable part of  the procedure. Most volume is normally lost in the first two weeks, and it is not actually fat but rather the approximately 20% of water that any fatgraft will need to contain to be injectable. 

Following that, expect around 20-30% percent of the actual fat.

The good news is that overall the retention rate in fat transfer to the buttocks, if done correctly, is excellent in almost all cases. You can't do too much to influence this though at this stage, apart from not sitting on your new butt.

Hope that helps

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Your buttocks will look slightly smaller than it did right after surgery because the swelling will begin to resolve and some of that fat cells will not survive. Fat survival after fat grafting depends on a few things such as technique used, anatomy, genetics, post operative care etc. Best case scenario, usually about 70% of the transferred fat will survive. Within the first 6 months, about 30% of the fat cells will not survive and will be reabsorbed and passed through your body. Whatever fat is remaining after 6 months, is what will remain as long as your weight remains stable. You may undergo a second BBL procedure if you have an adequate amount of fat on your body to harvest. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... For the first 4 to 6 weeks fat can ge any form and shape, also if you got a 100% of fat injected on your buttocks, you can lose at least 40% of that 100 you got. It is not because of the surgery, it is your body who reacts that way and the fat get's absorbed, the only way to make it last more until it use to the body part is using a boopy pillow for at least 8 weeks. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Your body is healing and the swelling subsides during this period. Follow up with your surgeon's post op instructions. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

One should expect some volume loss with the first few weeks following surgery.  

Swelling

At three weeks post-op you are starting to see the resolution of your swelling and that is why it is shrinking  a bit.