How can areola and breast irregularities be fixed after a 6 weeks breast reduction? Is it normal to have an open stitch? (Photo)

i had a br and change of implants for smaller ones, the result my left breast look bigger than the left one plus has an square shape and a bump around the vertical scar, my 2 niples looks oval not round! I feels my breast were quite more attractive before surgery. I'd like to know what options do I have to fix them plus yesterday I had an open wound idk why at this point if my scar heal very good since the beginning what should I used to heal?

#breastaugmentation #implants #breastlift

Hi amedero, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your breast augmentation surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks post

At 6 weeks post, your breasts are still healing. You should give it a good 6 months or so to settle before considering any revision. 

Changes after a breast reduction and lift.

There is a lot of relaxation and change in the breast as the tissues relax and settle after your recent surgery. Once the tissues relax minor adjustment and changes can be made, but six weeks out is too soon. Make sure your PS is aware of your concerns, but don't rush in just yet. some thing may improve over time.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Patience

You are only 6 weeks post op with a very minor wound healing problem and some concerns that will be easily addressed.  The main thing is to give everything time-time to heal and time for the swelling to resolve and time for the scars to mature.  Discuss your issues with your surgeon and try to be patient, you are going to have a good result.  Jane