5 days post Breast lift and augmentation- this CAN'T be right. Any advice? (photos)

I had saline implants placed under the muscle on 8/5/16- a larger implant in my smaller right breast to correct for asymmetry. I am now instructed to wear a band, but my left breast seems so incredibly disproportionately large in size to the right, and both seem misshapen. I understand that it needs to drop into place... But won't it still be much larger? And the right scarring looks extensive. Is there hope for a clean healing without revision? Is there anything I can do beyond 'wait and see?'

I see the volume discrepancy that you mention. You are still early in the post-op period and will need to allow it to heal for several months even if there is a need for a revision. Best of luck.

Breast Lift with Augmentation

Thank you for sharing your photos and I am sorry for your disappointment. Based on your pre op photos, you had a difficult problem to fix and some would have guided you to take a staged approach. That being said, it is too early to judge your outcome and give your body some time to heal before discussing revision. After 3 months or so, look at the result with your surgeon and identify what you like and don't like. You may benefit from a revision with additional incisions along the crease of the breast to remove excess skin and also support the implant in a better position. Also, given how thin you are, consider an anatomical or shaped implant for a more natural appearance. Nothing to do right now other than routine follow-up with your surgeon to ensure you heal without complication.  

Best wishes

5 days after too early...

Hello and thanks. I really appreciate that you're very concerned, but it is too early to judge this as a final result. Breast surgery is always extensive even though it is simplified when explained to non-medical individuals like our patients. It is reasonable to assume that there will be an improvement over time with regards to the asymmetry and, of course, the scars. I recommend you closely follow your plastic surgeon's advice. I find there's no way to ever achieve perfection between two breasts, but after 6 months to a year, you can always have a bit more saline added or removed to adjust the size for symmetry. It is always best to have a respectable and friendly discourse with your plastic surgeon to achieve your goals. Best,
Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Is this it?!

Patients are commonly amazed at the tremendous degree of change that occurs during healing. In general, your breasts seem reasonably symmetric in shape, position and size considering you are EXTREMELY early in your recovery. The recovery - physically and cosmetically - is a process, not an event and the process is longer cosmetically than it is physically! You will need to find a way to be patient and closely follow your post-op instructions to give yourself the best opportunity to deal with your concerns during this process.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

5 days post Breast lift and augmentation- this CAN'T be right. Any advice?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures. At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD