Worried about the size of my right breast and the position of my nipples. (photos)

I am now 12 days post op. I went for 330cc in my left breast and 300cc in my right breast (transaxilary under de muscle), since my right breast was bigger before op, Before I was 34aa and currently I fit perfect in a 34C I'm worried about the size and the position of my nipples. Are my right breast is going to get smaller as the left one, or my left breast is going to fluff and look bigger as the right one?

Asymetrical results

Hi. Thank you for your question. THere`s still a lot of swelling 12 days after surgery, so it`s hard to say whether your breast are symmetrical. I recommend you to wait another month and then see which difference you might have or not have. The asymmetry you have right now could be caused by inflammation or bleeding. I personally never perform a transaxilar breast augmentation because one of the main complications is the wrong position of the implants. Fortunately in your case it`s not a big deal to fix it. I recommend you to consult a certifies plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Nipple position

It would be nice to see the preop photos to assess their position before surgery. Implants only magnify any differences.

Recovery post breast augmentation

Thank you for your questions and photos. Judging by your photos, you have a nice result from your surgery at just 12 days post-op. It is important over the next several weeks to keep in mind that your breasts will heal at different rates so it is not uncommon to have asymmetry for up to 6 months, and in some case even longer.

Continue following your surgeon's recommendations and make sure to be seen for your regular follow-ups to address any concerns you may have.

Best of luck with your continued recovery. 

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Worried about the size of my right breast and the position of my nipples.

Thank you for your question and photographs, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest, your left mores than your right.  As your swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and elevating your nipples.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

You are still very early into your recovery at less than 2 weeks. Your breasts are going to continue to change at different rates for the next several months. You are just going to have to be patient for now. make sure and keep all of your follow up appointments with your surgeon. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

12 days after Breast Augmentation

Hang in there! It is so easy at this point to look in the mirror a million times a day and judge every little asymmetry. But you really just can't tell how things are going to look right now - so hang in there! It will take a full 4-6 weeks for the implants to settle all the way back down into the pocket. Then it will take about 3 months for the muscle to fully relax and the breasts to get soft like natural breasts. Until that time, when they are stiff - every tiny asymmetry is noticeable. 

You had an asymmetry prior to surgery, so there is no way to make things TOTALLY symmetric. BUT, what I see in your pictures is that the left side is higher and tighter than the right at this point (totally normal). You have the bigger implant on that side so the muscle is pushing the implant higher and making it flatter at the front. As this relaxes, the nipples move higher up on the breast and the tissues round out. You will look great! Best wishes!

Breast Shape

At 12 days out, you are still very early from surgery.  Your breasts will change when the swelling subsides and the implants settle into their final position.  I would continue to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

Thank you for your questions and pics.  It's difficult to answer your questions without seeing you in person.  The breasts will definitely change over the next few months so it's a little too early to panic.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your PS.