Following up question, lip filler or surgery? (Photo)

Hello, Updating my question, I have a lump scar on my lips, and just got lip fillers to make my lips symmetrical, should I just get a surgery and take it out next time before fillers? I got the juvederm yesterday, and I'm surprised I'm not super swollen. I also would like to do a surgery on my nose I feel that they aren't symmetrical and a bit too round at the tip, I am looking for other opinions . What should I do?

Lip filler or surgery?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper and lower lips are still a bit small, your nasal tip is a wide and I suspect that your chin might be weak (can be confirmed with a non smiling side view of your face).  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the lips should be full and plump with the upper lip approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement with or without including a scar revision.  Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Rhinoplasty, or more precisely a Tip-plasty can thin and refine the nasal tip without requiring a full Rhinoplasty.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation And Surgery

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  It is difficult to comment without seeing additional before and after photos.  Based on the photos provided, you appear to have achieved a nice result from your lip augmentation.  I would suggest that you see an experienced plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Lip Fillers and Surgery

It appears that you lip fillers look good and the scar is not very visible.  Both the surgery and the scar need to be evaluated in person to make a real assessment.  Best, Dr. Green

Lips and nose

Hi there, for your lips we could do a fuller filler like Juvederm Ultra Plus (this is $549 at my practice), and fill around the scar making the scar nearly not visible. To make your nose less round at the tip, you can also get a filler, the one we usually use is called Voluma, it lasts up to 2 years and is $799 for 1ml at my practice. The best thing would be to find a provider you like and schedule a free consultation with him/her.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Nose requires surgery for fix

If you are concerned about the nose, this requires surgery. A scar on the lip can easily be done at the same time. Discuss with a surgeon so you know your options.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Following up question, lip filler or surgery?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that you have obtained a nice result with your dermal filler lip augmentation but the decision to pursue surgery to remove any scar tissue would be a personal one, as would a possible rhinoplasty. I would recommend seeing you plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. Based on a look and feel of your lip tissues, as well as your specific nasal concerns, the best treatment options can be discussed. 

Lip Asymmetry

Jessy.  If you kike the way you look with fillers and it hides the scar, why bother with scar revision? Regarding your nose, live consultation would best answer your questions. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD