Hello, Is it possible to modify my nasolabial folds? (photos)

I got my nose done months ago nd Im still not satisfied as I feel like my nasolabial folds make my nose look bigger when I smile Im only 19 but it feels like these wrinkles make me look old. So I was wondering what can I do to those folds and if it's possible to make them disappear so when I smile theyre not noticeable. I dont know if Im clear thats why I have a picture that shows how exactly it look like, its not me on the pic but I hav exactly the same folds going even around the chin thankyou

Doctor Answers 4

Softening of Nasolabial Folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear losangels:

I would suggest initial assessment of your mid-face and particularly your cheeks and augment them if necessary with a filler like Voluma, which has in turn softens your nasolabial folds.  Hope this information helps.

Nasolabial folds in 19 year old

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

People of any age can usually improve the appearance of their nasolabial folds using filler.  In general, I usually recommend using a filler like Voluma on the cheek bones as a first step.  This provides some lift that can reduce the depth of the nasolabial folds and reduce the amount of filler needed there.  This is important because overfilling the nasolabial area does not look natural and should be avoided.  Specifics about your individual needs will be recommended by your doctor during your examination.

Good luck with your treatment.  Dr. Gill

Marlin Gill, MD
Decatur Family Physician

Possible to modify nasolabial folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is often possible to soften the folds with fillers.  Without a picture in a neutral position of you (even if you think it's somebody who looks "exactly like you", there are still subtle differences), it's not possible to make any recommendations.  What's really needed is an in-person consultation with a local plastic surgeon who will evaluate you and discuss your options.


Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

NL folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Filler can definitely be used to soften these lines, but without a picture of your face in the neutral position it will be difficult to suggest a specific treatment plan. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.