What can I do about my crooked nose. (photos)

I'd honestly never really noticed that my nose was crooked until recently when someone did one of these facial symetry tests on me. i looked back to older photos of when I was younger and it didn't appear to be crooked until I was 14 years of age (I'm 18 teen now) . I did have an incident where I had dropped a pull-up bar on my nose and it caused it to bleed for ~2 hours, but the EMT said it was not broken.

What can I do about my crooked nose.

GreetingsThank you for your question and photos, this is a common situation in most people.Most people have crookedness in their nose but they do not realize if this bothers you a lot then you are a good candidate for Rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty, also known as nose job, is a surgical procedure to reshape and improve the function of the nose. Nose is the most prominent organ of the face and provides the characteristic for the face. The shape of the nose is as important as the size of it. In different cultures and populations the nose has some special characteristics; therefore it is really important to know these facts and assess the patient based on these facts. Female and male face structures and lines are completely different from each other. This is one of the other facts that should be kept in mind both during the consultation and the surgery itself. Since the nose is the most prominent organ of the face; patients can have different desires and requests from the rhinoplasty operation. To understand the patient’s needs and desires is the most important step of the rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

The primary question is does it bother you...

There are actually many people out there who have a slight crookedness in their nose but don't realize it. If it is something that bothers you then you can certainly undergo rhinoplasty to improve it along with refining the tip. It is important to remember that no surgeon can guarantee that it will be perfectly straight - especially if it grew crooked, but a well performed rhinoplasty will always make a nice improvement.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

The deviation of nose is mild.  However if it is a concern a few was then you can undergo rhinoplasty to straighten the nose.  If the slight hump off the nasal dorsum also is a concern then it is more beneficial to do rhinoplasty.  You have to weigh the risks and benefits of rhinoplasty for a small deformity.  From what you were saying it appears that you were never concerned about the nose still recent.  If it is not concerned you much then leave it alone.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of nose

The asymmetry is barely noticeable.  I would not recommend surgery for such a small problem. You are more likely to be dissatisfied with surgical results.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nasal asymmetry

Everyone has facial asymmetry and it is normal to have some nasal asymmetry too. If it bothers you, a rhinoplasty might be able to improve the asymmetry for you.  Good luck.

Nasal asymmetry

Most peoples noses are slightly asymmetrical. Unless you are bothered by the overall look, ie - bump or tip - don't do anything. If you don't like your nose talk to a plastic surgeon about it and see what is involved. No one will ever guarantee a totally symmetrical result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Don't do anything

If you weren't concerned about your nose before,  then don't  do  anything.   Everyone's face has some asymmetry like yours.   It doesn't mean that you suddenly need to consider face altering surgery.  The  chance that your nose could be made perfectly symmetric with surgery (since it's very close right now) is very slim.   Leave it alone! 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from osteotomies and spreader grafts to help straighten your nose. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD