I'm one week Post Op from a lower body lift. Do my hips look normal?? (photos)

I lost 175 lbs with gastric bypass 3 years ago and just had a lower body lift on 7/12/16 of which my doctor removed 20 lbs of skin. My concern is my hips. I know their is suppose to be a lot of swelling at this point and that's where my drains come out but is it normal for them to stick out that much?? Thanks in advance!

Do my hips look norma after body liftl??

Thank you for your question. You are in very early phase of healing. It will change with time. I recommend at least 3-4 months and reevaluate. Please follow instructions fro your PS.

One week after body lift

Thank you for including all of the photos and congratulations on your weight loss journey!  At one week and after 20 lbs of tissue removal, you still have a tremendous amount of swelling.  It will be 4-6 weeks following your body lift before you will really be able to see the finer details.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and beautiful result!

I'm one week Post Op from a lower body lift. Do my hips look normal??

You clearly have some swelling to hips and abdomen that I suspect will go down over the course of several weeks.  Do not be alarmed if you need some liposuction down the line to improve your overall result however.  If at 3-4 months time you are still unhappy with your appearance than talk to your PS about your options.  

Lower body lift - am I still swollen?

Thank you for asking about your lpower body lift.
  • Yes, your swelling after a week is normal.
  • You had a big, big operation - you will see improvement in swelling over the next six months and more.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

You are very early in your recovery and should not be too concerned about how you look at this point. Remember that your hips were hidden by the excess skin before surgery. Give yourself 6 months to let everything heal and the swelling to resolve. You will probably look great at that point, but if your hips are still too full, liposuction can be done to improve the contour.