Could my waist to hip shape be improved with Liposuction or another procedure? (photos)

The shape of my waist and proportion of my waist to hips have bothered me my entire life (I'm 35) . It doesn't matter how much weight I lose my waist is still too thick compared to my hips. Is there any way to improve upon my shape with liposuction or some other procedure or is this the shape I'm stuck with? I'm 5'2 138 lbs., consistently active. I want to achieve a more feminine waist to hip shape and at this point in my life have the means to afford a cosmetic procedure. Thanks for your opinion!

Lipo can help create curves for women with boxy, athletic builds.

Thank you for your question and photos. I consult with women all the time who are frustrated with a lack of curves and definition between their hips and waistline. Unfortunately, this is a genetic predisposition that won’t be helped much by diet and exercise. Thankfully we have lipo to help in these situations! By sculpting a thinner waistline, more contrast between the hips and waist can be created, which results in a better-defined feminine shape. 

Liposuction Candidate?

You have a nice and athletic build that lacks a little bit of hour glass shape but healthy height and weight. One nice option could be a little cool sculpting to the anterior and posterior flanks (or liposuction) to help bring in the sides. The side view is actually quit nice and even. Good luck on your journey!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Obtaining an Hourglass Figure

I hate to disagree with so many excellent surgeons, but the main thing you need is weight loss. You are at the top end of a normal BMI which means you are carrying some extra weight. Most of this would seem to be in the abdominal area. Unfortunately, when this is the case, you have a good portion of it intraabdominally. Even if you liposuction the external fat (all you can do with liposuction) to as little as possible, you cannot create the figure you desire. After losing to a point to where your desired figure is apparent, you can then use liposuction to tweak the result.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest seeing a VASER HI DEFINITION contouring specialist. You are athletic and would benefit most for a true contouring type procedure. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks. You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Hourglass Figure

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You would benefit from liposuction to help provide a more curvy figure.  Recently, rather than throwing the fat derived from liposuction in the trash we use it to do fat grafting to help add areas of curve.  Please find a board certified plastic surgeon to begin your surgical journey.

Steven Camp MD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to improve waistline

I believe you are an excellent candidate for liposuction of your torso. Liposuction of your flanks and abdomen can greatly improve your waist to hip ratio.
Please visit a Board Certified Plastic surgeon in good standing.

Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hi Sasapurdue,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you could benefit from liposuction in the flanks and abdomen to give you a better contour. Liposuction could give you an "hour glass" figure. I would like to welcome you to call our office at your convenience and schedule a complementary consultation so that we are able to provide you a surgical quote customized for your individual needs. Our office coordinator will be happy to assist you with finding a time for your appointment at 225-399-0001.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the waist

you would be a good candidate for ultrasonic assisted liposuction  using the safe technique. 
  Ultrasonic assisted Liposuction  which I helped to pioneer and lecture on (melts )the fat.  When you combine this technique with the safe technique ,that Dr. wall invented,  the fat comes out liquidy with hardly any blood. I call it a banana smoothie.
    I hope you find the accompanying video helpful. We do offer complementary consultation. Our phone number is (813)872-2696.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Waist/hip lipo

You have beautiful skin and localized fat. You are a great candidate for liposuction, which can be done under local anesthesia as an outpatient. You should get a great result. Investigate Sono Bello. They have done over 75000 of these procedures b

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD