What type of laser technician should I be looking for facial veins? (Photos)

I'm having a hard time finding a laser technician or dermatologist in my area that has pictures online on procedures for facial veins and I am afraid to choose blindly.

Facial Veins

There are several different lasers that can be used on facial veins.  IPL with a wavelength cut-off of 515, a Dye-vl, or pulse dye can be used for small capillaries, telangectasias and other small vessels.  A long pulse YAG is good for larger vessels.  Your best bet is to consult with a cosmetic surgeon who offers a variety of lasers that suit different needs.  Good luck.

New Orleans General Surgeon

What type of laser technician should I be looking for facial veins?

Laser treatments can be performed by a certified medical esthetician under the supervision of a physician or by a physician directly. I would recommend calling plastic surgeons in your area to set up a consultation. Keep in mind, not all offices keep their websites up to date with photos. Often, they have pictures available in office to see during the time of your consultation but prior to any procedures. We use a Versapulse Laser in our office to treat red lesions such as broken capillaries and cherry angiomas. This can be done as a spot treatment or over a larger area. The number of treatments needed varies from patient to patient. There are sometimes alternative treatments that your physician may recommend such as sclerotherapy. Best wishes on your search.

Audrey A. Klenke, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

I would look for someone with a very new IPL, the older IPL s do ot have enough power to clear those veins, we have a brand new palomar icon, the most power full on the market, we would love to visit with you...good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon