Tummy tuck or Lipo? (Photo)

Before I had my daughter, I was a size 3 with a very flat, tight tummy. Now my daughter is 2 and I'm wearing a size 13. I am happy with my size just not my abdomen and bottom. My stomach looks horrible. I would jus like for my stomach to be flatter than it is now and to have a small waist with hips and a nice. Reasonable booty. Should I get lipo/bbl or tummy tuck/bbl?

Tummy Tuck or Lipo?

Tummy Tuck with lipo is what you need...anything less will not accomplish the results that you are seeking, would encourage you to meet with a BC PS to discuss the pros and cons and get a realistic idea of your results, which IMO could be fabulous with a TT, good luck!!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck is best for correcting a wide belly button and loose abdominal skin

You would be best served with a tummy tuck, liposuction of the abdomen and hips, and buttock fat transfer. It makes sense to do this in one operation.

Liposuction will help your tummy but not correct the muscle weakness that is contributing to your protuberance. The muscle repair will also make your belly button look much better. You have loose skin to be removed as well.

Some patients are in a gray area (and could choose either operation and be happy), but in my opinion, you would be best served with a tummy tuck and if you have liposuction alone you will be coming back for a tummy tuck. I have attached a link to my website so you can compare liposuction and tummy tucks and make your own decision.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or Lipo?

Liposuction alone will not give you a good cosmetic result.

Most plastic surgeons suggest that you finish having children, get your weight within 10 pounds of your ideal weight, and have a BMI of less than 30 before undergoing an abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles and liposuction of selective areas, in order to achieve the best long term cosmetic result with the least potential complications.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do without seeing photos and more importantly without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California.

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

You have some loose skin and possible diastasis recti, both of which can be corrected with a tummy tuck, not liposuction. Liposuction alone will only make your skin saggier.

Tummy Tuck options

I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to discuss your goals and options. You may be a good candidate for full Tummy Tuck and Liposuction. Your abdominal muscles could be pulled tightly together with this procedure and that would assist with flattening your belly and making the waist smaller.

All the best

Tummy tuck or Lipo?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that works for you. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy tuck and Lipo, some advices:

Thanks for the question
In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck or lipo?

The best answer to your question would come from a face to face consultation with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon.  Once your goals and preferences are set an exam will provide the best answer for you.  After pregnancy most women whom I see need a tummy tuck to tighten muscles and get the best result.  Please watch the video above for more detailed information and best wishes for a good result.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Abdominoplasty

You look like you would be a great candidate for an abdominoplasty. I would also do liposuction around the love handle area which will help define your waist tremendously and create a better but I shape. I do not think you need the BBL at the same time to get a great result.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty w/ bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  This can safely be performed with a bbl.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD