31 yr old, no children, 32F. Having trouble choosing a surgeon for breast reduction. Any advice would be appreciated! (photo)

I've had 3 consultations for a breast reduction, and I am not enthused about any of the surgeons. The first was really nice, but I didn't like the before and after pictures. The second just charged way too much and would only remove 250g from each breast. The third was nice, but wrote me a thank you note with the wrong name. I'm in the New Orleans area. 

Find the right surgeon for a BR

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Keep looking

If you didn't like the first three or the fee's they charged, keep looking. You live in a fairly large city, there are plenty of plastic surgeons in practice in your town, you should not have trouble finding one with the personality, skill and a fair fee. 

31 yr old, no children, 32F. Having trouble choosing a surgeon for breast reduction. Any advice would be appreciated!

good question, continue to see Dr's in consultation until you feel comfortable with your Surgeon, would be happy to see you in consultation and offer you my medical opinion, good luck! It is your chest you should get the results you want!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Looking for surgeon

The answer to your question is quite simple. Continue to have consultations with board certified plastic surgeons until you find one that you like. Suggestions from friends is also a good source.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a surgeon

A great question for all. You are doing the smart thing by interviewing a number of surgeons. It is so important to feel confident in and trust your surgeon. A good place to start is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website, .plasticsurgery.org. There you will find listings of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area. The surgeons listed will have completed a rigorous course of study and will be experienced in the procedure you are interested in. Nothing can substitute for an in person consultation. Most surgeons offer consultations free of charge. For you, breast reduction may be a covered benefit with your health insurance. Check with your carrier if procedure CPT code19318 is covered. Looking at before and after pictures is also very helpful. But mostly, you have to feel confident in your surgeon. Interview as many as it takes until you find Dr. Right.

Having trouble choosing a surgeon for breast reduction.

Thank you for the important question. As you know, careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision patients make when they decide to  undergo surgery to achieve a specific outcome. Besides appropriate training and experience (and certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery), looking at before/after photographs (and  preferably talking to previous patients) can be very helpful in this selection process.

Basically, patients should look at the overall "quality" of the outcomes achieved;  in other words, it will be important that patients see lots of examples of outcomes that they would be pleased with.  In doing so patients will be able to get an idea of each  plastic surgeon's "aesthetic sensibilities". Of course, careful evaluation of the photographs (including factors such as time out of surgery and initial anatomic starting point) will be important as patients evaluate before/after photographs.

Essentially, you will want to feel as comfortable as possible that your selected plastic surgeon will be able to  achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with.