Spitting sutures, but should I be concerned and visit the emergency room? (photos)

Doctor prescribed antibiotics but still need to pack wound. How long does it take to close completely

Wound after surgery

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you need good local wound care. Please see your physician for evaluation.

Spitting sutures

looks like it is improving but seeing your doctor might speed things along. Does not look infected. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Not an emergency

please see your surgeon next week. It does not look infected but will wound care. Your surgeon can help you 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Spitting Sutures

Hello and thank you for your question. I am so sorry for your issue with your sutures, but I would initially advise that for the wound to be packed properly (especially if it is still spitting) then you should see your plastic surgeon or other doctor for evaluation in person. I definitely wish you the best and hope it heals well very soon.