Skin Tightening? Any doctors have experience with "Profound RF" treatment?

The Profound procedure looks very promising. Is any doctor doing it? What can one expect as far as down time? What is the typical pricing?
See average cost near you for Profound RF

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Profound RF

Yes, we have extensive experience with Profound. I have a number of radio frequency devices and lasers and I have found Profound to be the most reliable and effective skin tightening device. It targets the deeper dermis and controls the temperature end point precisely. You can see improvement in tone, texture and elasticity and in many cases, tightening along the jawline and neck. I recommend it.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin tightening with Profound Non-surgical Facelift

Profound is a very exciting new modality that we have been using for our non-surgical facelifts and body tightening on the arms, legs and abdomen. The device has shown us better results than Ultherapy and does not hurt because it is done under local anesthesia. Our patients are experiencing about 4-6 days of downtime which is mostly social downtime due to swelling. Any minor bruises we are managing with the Excel V laser. Patients note much improved skin texture, less jowls and neck laxity, fuller mid-face. It can be combined with other modalities such as fractional CO2 for wrinkles and with kybella for submental fullness and even fillers like Voluma.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Profound

We have be using the Profound for several months and have been pleased with the results so far.  The patient discomfort is better than with Thermage and far better than Ulthera.  The local anesthesia seems to be very easy for the patients and the procedure itself is therefore painless.  The 4-7 days of swelling and bruising is not disabling and many patients go to work after given that they will get a few questions about their neck.  The tightening seems better than Thermage or Ulthera (I have used them both).  It won't replace Thermi or Thermage in that it can't be done around the eyes.  It is good for skin tightening and some fine lines although C02 fractionated laser is best for the latter.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Yes, we have Profound, INFINI RF, Ultherapy and Thermage

I have experience with all 4 devices, and by far, the most predictable outcome is with Ultherapy. This delivers high intensity focus ultrasound to different layers. I also have Profound, however since the event of Ulterapy, I hard ever use Profound (unless a patient has their heart set on this device). I can say the same for Thermage as well- hence the low patient satisfaction rates with these devices. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Elasticity is lost beginning in the early 20's; this is only device that reliably restores elasticity.

The clinical and scientific testing was rigorous in pre-clinical testing, and accurately determined the dermal "sweet spot" for restoration of hylalurinic acid, collagen and elastin.

Thus far my patients have been very pleased with forehead, crow's feet, neck, abdomen, thigh and arm Profound; downtime has been mostly in the 2-4 day range and more swelling than bruising.

continued---PART II OF VIDEO

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

We recently acquired Profound and the initial results are outstanding. I think that this device is going to be a mainstay here at North Valley Plastic Surgery. We are rolling it out and the patients so far have been very happy with their wrinkle improvement, their soft tissue increases and their skin tone.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Profound RF yields dramatic improvements

Hi veronica121.  The Profound has yielded excellent results in my practice with high patient response and satisfaction.  Downtime consists of bruising and swelling for a few days-we provide strategies & supplements to help with this.  Also, women can return to social activities sooner than men  (with the mineral makeup kit).  Pricing varies with the size of the area and the type of treatment-skin tightening or cellulite-to be determined during the office visit.  Hope that helps,

Vaishali B. Doolabh, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon