How well does a seromacath placement work? (Photo)

I am having a seromacath placed in a few days. How long does it usually have to stay in? How well does it allow the tissues to adhere? What are the instances of infection once it's placed? If it does need an antibiotic, what types are used. I have some sensitivity to some antibiotics.

Seromacath Placement with a Mommy Makeover

I have used #seromacath placement for many years. They work very well when needed and when used properly.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Seromacath - how long does it stay in

Thank you for asking about your seroma.
  • The catheter will stay in until the fluid stops forming.
  • Once the fluid is gone, the tissues adhere.
  • If you need antibiotics, which is unusual, your surgeon will find one you can tolerate.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Drainage of a seroma after a mommy makeover.

With newer techniques for reconstructing the abdominal wall after abdominoplasty seroma's are fairly uncommon. Occasionally a significant seroma may require placement of a drain. Usually this is in for about a week. Seldom is infection an issue.