Revision rhinoplasty just for the tip? (Photos)

I have had one rhinoplasty four years ago to correct the issues of having a wide bridge and nose with a very overprotected tip. I am happy with every part of my nose now except for the tip. It does not project nearly as much, but it is quite droopy looking from a side angle and is not small or pointed like I wanted it to be, and I think it makes my whole nose look bigger than it actually is. Could I get surgery just to correct the tip, and would it be cheaper? Thanks.

Yes, just tip surgery is possible. It would probably be cheaper. Rhinoplasty can address droopy tip, bulbous tip, dorsal hump, hanging columella, and wide nostrils.

Revision Rhinoplasty for just the Tip

You can have a limited procedure to revise just your tip. It will cost less than a full rhinoplasty. If you don't want to go back to your original surgeon consult with a specialist in revision work.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

A revision rhinoplasty takes longer, is more complicated and more expensive than a primary rhinoplasty. It's very important to select a surgeon and has extensive experience. The bulbous tip can be  reduced, but it's very important that the new tip balances with all the components of the nose, and the entire new nose balances with patient's facial features. A full  Revision rhinoplasty is usually required to do so.  For many examples of rhinoplasty before-and-afters, please see the link and the video below

Revision rhinoplasty to address a drooping tip

Patients interested in lifting and refining the tip of their nose after a rhinoplasty usually require a revision surgery.Revision rhinoplasty is much more complex than a first rhinoplasty, especially if the goal is to fix one single feature of the nose. This is because revision surgery runs the risk of changing the features that you like and do not want to change.I would recommend first speaking with your original surgeon and then with a revision rhinoplasty specialist. This should not be a rushed decision. Computer imaging may help you and the surgeon get on the same page about your goals. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon