Trying to get my six pack back after a c section nearly 13 years ago...considering Tummy tuck. Any suggestions? (photo)

13 years ago i had to have an emergency c section. Since then i have worked out. I eat properly but nothing happens with this tummy. I've even had lipo and was told that i only had 230ccs of fat that could be removed from a combo of the flanks, upper and lower abs. I work out 5 days a week and i mean hard strength, hiit, circuit and boot camp traing and still nothing. I'm inclined to believe that either something is medically wrong or i need a tummy tuck. HELP!!!! I'm 5'8 156lbs 20% body fat.

Tummy tuck / abdominoplasty question

Hi, and thank you for this question-- I am sorry you are working so hard to address this area, but not seeing the results you'd hoped.  Unfortunately this is a relatively common complaint.  Pregnancy can spread the rectus muscles apart increasing the risk that a bulge develops.  Some of the fat you have left may be inside the abdominal muscles which further causes bulging.  (Liposuction cannot correct these problems, but tummy tuck combined with healthy diet and exercise can make a big difference) See a board certified plastic surgeon near you for an in-person consultation tailored to your particular case: from the information and photos provided, you would seem to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.  I wish you the best, and hope this gives you the body you have been envisioning!
Erik Hoy
Rhode Island Plastic Surgeon

Warwick Plastic Surgeon

Full abdominoplasty would help restore contour

Thanks for your question and the photos. Pregnancy will often separate the muscle of the abdominal wall and result in fullness the protrudes/pooches particularly below the belly button area. A full TT will allow for the skin excess to be removed, but also the muscle to be plicated centrally to really flatten/tighten. Without an exam it's hard to tell how much distance there is between the top of the BB and the C-section scar. The hope is that the original scar can be used and just extended laterally. Keep up the exercise program to maintain your muscle tone and health, but just realize you can't fix the muscle causing the protrusion. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that is an ASAPS member and specializes in cosmetic body contouring. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Tummy tuck

You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Pregnancy can sometimes separate the muscles of the abdominal wall.  The tummy tuck repairs this situation and redrapes the abdominal skin leaving a flatter, tighter contour.  Liposuction to the hip area can also be done at the same time to further shape the silhouette.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about this powerful procedure.

Camille Cash, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. From what i can see you are a good candidate for a full TT , if you have any doubts it is best to first do an in person consultation. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD