Is revised Columella missing a piece of skin or is it too judge? I got my stitches out yesterday.

I just got my stitches out yesterday and still have some swelling. I had the balloon dilation surgery, deviated septum surgery, and columella worked on. I'm alittle nervous of scarring and on my right nostril it looks like there is a whole piece of my columella missing and my inner nostril walls look different than each other. Is it too early to judge, I'm freaking out alittle. I love everything else about how my nose came out.

Columellar scar

It looks as though you had an open approach to your nasal surgery.  It's very early on in your healing process.  These scars tend to heal very well over time and the best thing to do is wait several months prior to judging your results.  Good luck in your healing process!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your picture.  At this time, it is too early to tell.  I would need to examine the incisions, etc in order to give you a better assessment of what you can expect.  Speak with your operating surgeon's office as the first few weeks of healing are extremely important to get things looking perfect.  I'm glad you like how your nose turned out - lets make sure everything associated with it is perfect as well! Give the office a call and let them know.  They'll be able to speak with your doc or the person that removed your sutures and get a better idea of what the appropriate steps should be from this point forward.  Best of luck.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon