Lumps in my stomach; how long for the swelling in the back & stomach to go down? (Photos)

I'm 8weeks, I'm loving my results. My main concern is the lumps in my stomach. I just want it to be flat, how long for the swelling in the back & stomach to go down?

Hi- it may take a few more months for all the swelling to completely resolve. After liposuction swelling can continue for an indeterminate amount of time. I usually recommend compression and trying to avoid salty foods. You look fantastic, it the result will get better and better!

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Lumps in my stomach; how long for the swelling in the back & stomach to go down?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in recovery after liposuction. Even when done correctly, most people have some asymmetrical swelling during the first couple of weeks to even months. It really does take as long as 6 months for all of the swelling to resolve so that you will be able to see the final result and determine if there are any permenent irregularities. We do believe it is important to wear compression garments along with foam contour padding in order to optimize the final result. Sometimes other adjective therapies can be used after surgery to expedite the recovery and to optimize the final result. Be patient and don't be concerned until you are closer to 6 months.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Depending on the extent of liposuction performed you may have asymmetrical swelling prompting the lumps in your stomach, and this can take up to six months to fully resolve.  I would continue to use a compression garment if you are seeing swelling that worsens during the day and allow your results continued time to mature.  Hope this helps.