Lump on side of breast, 6 days post op breast augmentation. What could it be?

I had a BA on Nov 9th I have 385cc sientra silicone under muscle My left side of my left breast was aching (took a walk around the block just before) when I examined it I felt the lower left side and pinpointed where the pain was coming from and it's a small lump, maybe a bit smaller than a quarter in diameter and it hurts when touched. I'm pretty freaked out by this, any idea what it could be? I didn't post a picture because it isn't raised, you can't see it. I have to gently press to feel it.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your augmentation!  Though your breasts will undergo significant changes over the next several months as your tissues relax and stretch to accommodate the extra volume of the implants, it is not uncommon to have some small contour irregularities.  That said, as this has been a change in your recovery I would advise you to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  This can help diagnose the issue and provide you with reassurance.  Hope this helps.

Lump on breast after augmentation?

As you know, it can take months for all of the small contour irregularities on your breasts to work themselves out after a breast augmentation. That being said, the lump you are feeling could be anything, from a suture to a small blood clot. It is definitely worth following up with your surgeon to get this examined.

Good luck!