Very loose garment. Do I need to go to the smaller garment with compression?

I'm 19 days post op, my garment is very loose with the foams. Do I need to go to the smaller garment with compression?

Loose Garment After BBL

Thank you for your question! If your garment is getting loose, I would go see your doctor right away.  Your garment should be very snug depending on doctors post care instructions.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments.

Thank you for your question.  We typically have our patients wear compression garments on the areas we did liposuction to help the skin and underlying tissues re-adhere as well as reduce swelling. If theyre too loose then you should get a smaller size. However, if you garments are too tight they can restrict lymphatic drainage and blood flow leading to more swelling and complications. I'd highly suggest you contact your surgeon's office regarding your plan. Best of luck!

Compression garment

Hello,  thank you for your question.  A loose garment after a surgery may be the cause of unwanted complications such as seromas.  I will suggest you to have get a smaller and tighter garment to avoid any complication. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... yes! tottally, you need compression to help you to create contour and curves!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD