How long does a Brazilian butt lift take? (Photo)

I am scheduled for surgery for two weeks from today. I'm about 200lbs, with 38HH breasts. I have lost 70lbs since May. I have my pre op next Tuesday and I would just like to know about how long this should take, so I can plan pick up/drop off since the surgery center is an hour from me. Most of my fat is in my abdomen and fat will be grafted from there, my back, and inner thighs. I would like my butt to resemble Selena, j-lo, or salma hayek's. I would like to be shaped into an hour glass figure.

How long does a Brazilian butt lift take?

Thank you for your question. A typical BBL takes around 3 hours but is surgeon dependent. We typically start at around at 7 or 7:30 am and patients leave the facility after lunch. Based on you pictures, you will likely need an abdominal skin tightening procedure such as a tummy tuck. I'm sure that your surgeon has determined your treatment plan based on a personal exam. Good luck!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. After seeing your pictures I would recommend you to have a tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction on flanks, waist and back with the bbl.. as long as your hemoglobin is high enough, you can have all the procedures together. Besides that, the lipo with bbl only takes a few hours depending on the patients body and surgeon.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

How long does a Brazilian butt lift last?

Thank you for your question. A BBL procedure takes around 3 to 4 hours, it varies from patient to patient. Based on your photos you appear to also need a tumy tuck procedure to get rid of the  excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and to restore the weakened abdominal wall, giving a firmer and smoother appearance.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Typically about 3 hours, I also agree with the other answer , you should also have made a plan with your BC PS to address the abdominal laxity, I always say the fastest way to a great rear is a small waist, good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

How long does BBL take?

Your question should really be addressed to your plastic surgeon and his staff. The length of the surgery depends on what your surgeon plans to do. Please discuss your concerns and questions at your pre-op. 

Good luck!

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

How long does it take?

Thank you for your question. Every situation is different, depending on the extent of liposuction that will occur and desired results. The typical amount of time, however, is between two and three hours. At your pre-op appointment your surgeon should discuss the time frame with you. Make sure your address all of your questions, goals, and/or concerns at your pre-op visit with your surgeon. It is handy to write down all your questions prior to appointment. Best of Luck.